& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cheri and Kathy - from California

Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3455

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
They flew out today (0945) having had a wonderful time in the UK!

For Cheri, the highlight was the meeting with Steve after the concert at The Stables on Sunday night, something that she will never forget and something that she would like to thank both Rachel and Steve for arranging.

I and my wife spent the whole of Tuesday with both of them visiting various places in London on a mini whistle stop tour around London to places not always visited by the tourists, including a lovely lunchtime meal at an Old English pub in the City down by the river! We also looked at some very old buildings in the Square Mile as Kathy is into architecture and went to see performers in Covent Garden.

I spoke with them yesterday evening and neither of them wanted to go back to the States and are very grateful to everyone for their kindness shown while they were here in the UK with a big thank you to Stella, Jimbo and The Phantom - hope I haven't missed anyone!

Cheri says she will post an update to the forum on her return to the States.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3470

• cheri
ffcforever wrote:
They flew out today (0945) having had a wonderful time in the UK!

For Cheri, the highlight was the meeting with Steve after the concert at The Stables on Sunday night, something that she will never forget and something that she would like to thank both Rachel and Steve for arranging.

I and my wife spent the whole of Tuesday with both of them visiting various places in London on a mini whistle stop tour around London to places not always visited by the tourists, including a lovely lunchtime meal at an Old English pub in the City down by the river! We also looked at some very old buildings in the Square Mile as Kathy is into architecture and went to see performers in Covent Garden.

I spoke with them yesterday evening and neither of them wanted to go back to the States and are very grateful to everyone for their kindness shown while they were here in the UK with a big thank you to Stella, Jimbo and The Phantom - hope I haven't missed anyone!

Cheri says she will post an update to the forum on her return to the States.
Hey, Jonathan! It's me. :) We just got back from the airport several hours ago and the memories of the trip are fresh in our heads. We want to go back to England! I happily had Steve's songs running in my head the entire 10-hour flight back from the UK. What an incredible experience our trip has been, from our touring, to Steve's concerts, to the day spent with you and Sallie, we shall never forget it. And, yes, the concert at The Stables was incredible. I hope I'm not repeating myself as I've been awake for about 23 hours at this point. ;) I just had to get back on the forum and see what people are talking about. :)

Cheri

Re:Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3471

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Glad you ladies had a safe journey, looking forward to your report, after some sleep of course. x

Re:Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3475

• buchanan
Hi there - but where were you for the first half?! He was having a right pot at whoever's the empty seats were!!

Re:Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3491

• cheri
buchanan wrote:
Hi there - but where were you for the first half?! He was having a right pot at whoever's the empty seats were!!
Yes, we were there. :) We were in the same area, about four rows back. We heard his comments about the empty seats, too. During the interval, the ladies who work there asked us if we would like those seats during the second half of the show. Of course we would!!! It meant that my British friend, Ros, and The Phantom (from this website) could take our other seats--they had standing-room-only space before. We suspect that Steve had it all set up from the beginning, but we will never know for sure. ;) Was that an incredible experience or what???

Cheri

Re:Cheri and Kathy - from California 12 years 4 months ago #3505

• Pandorah
Dear cheri amour , remember what I told you at the stables ! when you start to wright them lines, dont let the years go in no time .

Just let your passion flow girl. trust me, it will flow .

Like a waterfall !

Even when you feel dead on your feet, flat on the floor, tired and weary you will not be able to contain yourself.

You were positively bursting with the joy he brings,when I spoke to you at wavendon. ( it was a speacial place fot me too )
worry not ! cheri you'll never forget, never ever . hold on to every little spark ! wright down your feelings . just tell it how it is cheri .straight from your heart. the place he reached into . you know he can give you life in a moment. I saw it in you. I knew ! magical moments in time . wonderfull to meet you and katey .

come back home soon Cheri, November 24 2012. get here.
  • Page: