Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Indigo2

Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3404

• jollyroger
Busy with Christmas shopping, surprised to find myself first on here with a mention of last night: and what a night!
Great set-list, RITZ being an early highlight and RIDING THE WAVES a magnificent crow-arouser to close the first set.
It all went by too quickly, but the watch doesn't lie and for a change I actua;;t did time it, and with only a tiny chat from SH, he was on-stage for TWO HOURS and 12 MINUTES. Exhausting, I should imagine, but this one will live long in the memory. Next November promises much, doesn't it!! This band, fronting a big orchestra and choir!! Bring it on.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3405

• Dicky Pickle
Great night eh! Steve was great as usual. Great venue, great sound. I thought the DJ before Steve came on was great as well, really played some great music to set the tone for the night.

Re:Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3406

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
It was so good, the best i have ever been to, so far. Ritz was so good played at the start the light houst was amazin as always. The o2 gigs always have "new" songs (songs myself haven't herd before) Can someone tell me what albums the sacrifice and sweet marie are from (not 100% sure that's what the songs are called) Anyway im still buzzin and i took my friend with me and she is now a fan :-)

Re:Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3412

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
amazing as per usual.cheri made it and thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening.fantastic performances from all the band, and those lartey sisters legs made for a wonderful stage backdrop,welcome back girls. :ohmy:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3413

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
ftao dicky pickle...
you didnt happen to write a few lines in 'is it true what they say' did you.....
you know the great,great just great...bit..lol B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Indigo2 12 years 5 months ago #3414

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Hi to both Jimbo and Stella and apologies to Daz401 and his friend who didn't manage to find us in the restaurant - all of us plus Cheri and Kathy from California were there in the far left hand corner of the restaurant from around 5.15pm.

They both thoroughly enjoyed their first live 'Steve Harley' event and can't wait until Sundays concert at The Stables. I will get to hear about that on Tuesday when we are visiting some sites around London together including 'Abbey Road'!

Last night was staggeringly good and the versions of Sebastian, The Lighthouse, Cavaliers and Riding the Waves as good as any I have witnessed in all the live concerts I have seen since 1973 - Linton and Adam make for an extraordinarily strong power backdrop for all of those tracks - but they can be light to the touch as shown in the reggae influenced 'Too Much Tenderness' from Prima Donna!

Robbie's professionalism astounds every time even when the wireless lead to his guitar dropped which meant he wasn't being added to the mix he kept on playing and when James realised the problem he just promptly came in and took over the guitar solo on the keyboards - all in all a fantastic set of individuals for Steve to ply his trade around, what heaven it must be for him to play with these guys for a living.

James has skills on the keyboards that mark him apart from normal keyboard players in rock bands and put him on a par with classical pianists and I will tell him on this forum that it does not go unnoticed with the fans that do not usually post on the forum!

As for Barry, he will one day get The Lighthouse solo correct but I am happy for him to keep trying! Electric Violin is very underrated in the music scene and my friend Jennie who came with me last night and also attended the Rochester Cathedral thinks he is really lovely - as she asked me before the show, will the violinist be here?

Having the Larty Sisters there was a stroke of genius as well and WOW - is it me or do their legs go on for ever and ever or is that me just getting old - they are both very, very lovely!

As for Steve he appears to be having a ball and I only hope as I approach my 53rd birthday a fortnight today that I am still having a much fun teaching our next generation of leaders when I am as old as him!

We got the feeling of riding the waves
We got the... We got the... We got the...
We got the feeling of riding the waves

Fabulous evening, can't wait for Birmingham next year!