Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rochester Cathedral

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 7 months ago #3007

• Tracy Snowdon
We were at the Rochester Cathedral last night, and it was amazing. This is the 3rd concert that we have been to this year. We did Central Theatre, Chatham and Dartford. All have been fantastic. Loving the album When a stranger comes to Town. Can't wait for the next gig. Thank you
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 7 months ago #3009

• Paul Friett
Well, I've been to the Cathedral literally dozens of times but it was only my third SH gig and I loved it!
(Only disappointment was the non-completion of Friend For Life, especially since this was my wife's first.)

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 7 months ago #3010

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello Paul. I just spoke to Steve (he's rehearsing for the band show tomorrow - different set!!) and he's really sorry he didn't go back and perform a complete version of Friend For Life. He intended to, but adrenaline and all that! He sends his apologies to your wife. If you remember: make an entry in the |Guestbook, if/when you next bring her to a show, and he'll guarantee its inclusion. Rachel

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 5 months ago #3402

• Paul Friett
Well, I was delighted to hear it tonight, although Karen wasn't with me, so more significant was Journey's End, since my son Matthew was there, home from university for Christmas.
:)

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 5 months ago #3403

• RachelPAtoSH
Paul - It's very late, we just arrived at our hotel in the Milton Keynes area after London. What a ight that was!) and it is a great pleasure to read your posting.
Steve will be thrilled that you were there to hear a complete and proper A Friend For Life (it wasn't on the set-list, so he must have decided to add it ad lib!), although not with your wife, but with your son, and the comment re Journey;s End will mean a lot to Steve. And it seems meant a lot to your son, or you!!
Rachel

Re:Rochester Cathedral 12 years 3 months ago #3654

• Paul Friett
Rachel,
More than somewhat slower to respond to yours than you to mine...
It was some night: I was there with a friend who has all SH albums but had never seen him live before, as well as Matthew and his girlfriend, Caroline, for both of whom it was also a "first".
Highlight for me was when SH suggested that we could "dance to this one" and, from the first note of Saturday Night At the Fair, Matt & Caroline took him at his word. I say that, but their reaction seemed so instinctive and was accompanied by such smiles that I doubt that any invitation to dance was necessary.
Moreover, I don't suppose he'll remember, but I'm sure I saw SH smile at the sight of the very young couple dancing joyfully near the front (just to his left).
I also loved Caroline's enthusiastic response to the Birmingham announcement (she's studying at Birmingham University).
All in all a great night and may I say, for all the "classics", the tracks from Quality of Mercy were superb (Matt particularly liked Coast of Amalfi) and Stranger was a tour de force!
As a relative newcomer myself, I plan to write something on the welcome mat sometime soon but, for now, best wishes for 2012 to you, to SH and all you hold dear,
P x