Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ordinary People

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10612

• WMOORE
Have just spotted Ordinary People single is on iTunes for pre order - expected date is 25th September.

Rachel, is this the only format it is being released on or do we get the cd single, 7" vinyl and 12" vinyl as well??

Looks a bargain on iTunes at 99p
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10613

• cockneyr3bel
Hi Rachael
Hope Ordinary People is going to be on Cd ,some of us don't do downloads,and I for one want a proper CD with artwork,to go with my collection.

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10615

• newiejudy
cockneyr3bel wrote:
Hi Rachael
Hope Ordinary People is going to be on Cd ,some of us don't do downloads,and I for one want a proper CD with artwork,to go with my collection.

Hi Rachel
I'm with Glynis (& I'm assuming plenty of other fans too). We'd much rather have a CD please.
Judy

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10616

• Hans Peters
What a great song this is, really. Keeps dagging in my mind all day. Perfectly sung, good production, really hope some hardware would be on release. This is a hit man!

Would you tell us who is playing the instruments pls?
Many regards,
Hans

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10617

• MattB
Hans Peters you are most correct this is a great release from Steve! A superb performance and I can't wait for it to be out.
I have an idea that a CD version is not on the cards though for the simple reason that distributors insist not to have them: quite simply it is almost entirely Singles for download only now and indeed a 'physical product' is not on their radar, due to the huge extra cost of transport & storage. Not to mention the cost of manufacture - which isn't that dissimilar to an album on CD of course.
So the best thing we can do is pre-order, download and hope the success could promote the idea of a limited edition CD. I imagine that the company's hands are tied on this point and have no choice but to adhere to the distribution company's instructions.
So let's download and play LOUD!

Ordinary People 8 years 8 months ago #10618

• GedKen
Hopefully it might appear in a CD format if it is a track on a subsequent new album. Fingers crossed :) .