Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Face to Face

Face to Face 9 years 5 months ago #9989

• FALLAJ
Felt compelled to write having just listened to the live recording Face to Face twice today. (I was getting myself into the right mood for the concert at the York Barbican on Saturday night.) It is a while since I have listened to that recording and I have got to say it is fantastic. My favourite song of all time Mr. Soft (this got me into Steve Harley's music) is the best version ever of that song. I love that song in all its versions but that live performance is outstanding. The song gives all the great musicians involved the chance to show what they can do. Stuart's heavy drumming,Lindsay's contribution on the percussion, George's funky bass, and the two solo spots by Duncan and Jo shows what great musicians they are. I do not know how Duncan can move his fingers so quick. His solo on Sebastian is also a highlight of the recording. Jo has always been an excellent guitar player and played the solo on Make me smile perfectly.Steve is just a genius and sounds good on that recording. I then thought that the 15 tracks on the LP/CD would not be the full concert set. There is only one song from Timeless Flight, Red is a mean mean colour and I am sure there would have been more. Does anyone know the full track listing for that concert? I unfortunately missed that tour. Is the original recording of the concert still tucked away on a shelf somewhere with the unused recordings intact? It would be great if they could release a full version of that concert. Rock on.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Face to Face 9 years 5 months ago #9990

• MattB
It is indeed a most excellent album!

Re:Face to Face 9 years 5 months ago #9991

• stewart g
Here comes the sun
Mad mad moonlight
Mr soft
Red is a mean mean colour
Sweet dreams/finally a card came
Innocence and guilt/is it true what they say
Best years
Love compared with you
Loves a primadonna
Give me more
psychomodo
Sebastian
Seeking a love
Tumbling down
Make me smile.

This was the running order for dec tour 76.not sure about the Rainbow date in early 77?