Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Poetic Justice - VH1 Review

Poetic Justice - VH1 Review 9 years 5 months ago #9935

• ajsmith
Not sure as to the identity of the two critics here, but this snippet of VH1 features a short discussion on the Poetic Justice album. Personally this album is probably my favourite of all Steve's albums.

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Poetic Justice - VH1 Review 9 years 5 months ago #9936

• stewart g
Thanks for the post AJ. I remember at the time on VH1 Steve sang live in their studio Make Me Smile and also Two Damn'd lies with Phil Beer from Show Of Hands on guitar.Also around this time a Ten Of The Best was also shown on VH1. :)

Re:Poetic Justice - VH1 Review 9 years 5 months ago #9942

• cheri
What is that critic doing saying that he doesn't think Steve is a good singer??? That is just plain wrong!!! I think Steve's voice has gotten better, much better, over time and I have to disagree completely with this guy's opinion. My favorite album of all time is "The Quality of Mercy." I LOVE Steve's later songs, plus obviously all of his classics. But of the older songs and classics, he sings them even better now in my opinion. That guy should be thrown out of the room. ;)

Cheri (feeling indignant)

Re:Poetic Justice - VH1 Review 9 years 5 months ago #9951

• ajsmith
Cheers Stewart - I haven't seen that live performance. Perhaps one day it will surface on YouTube.

The Ten of the Best video is also on YouTube though:

I agree Cheri - I enjoy all of Steve/Cockney Rebel's material, but I too think his voice has aged perfectly in regards to his songs. A big fan of The Quality of Mercy too, and my three favourites in particular would probably be The Last Goodbye, The Coast of Amalfi and When the Halo Slips.

Re:Poetic Justice - VH1 Review 9 years 5 months ago #9953

• cheri
The whole album is amazing. :D

Cheri