Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shoreham last night (26th oct)

Shoreham last night (26th oct) 9 years 5 months ago #9870

• harris
First time I have seen Steve perform live and at 49 years old, I am somewhat late in "finding him"!

Fantastic night, fantastic music and a real pleasure to be in the audience. Some songs I knew and some I hadnt as Steve was not really on my radar, but firmly is now.. quick question which may be obvious to more ardent fans - is there a reason why he didn't/doesnt play Here Comes The Sun, because in my mind it is a far far superior version than the original..cheers :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Shoreham last night (26th oct) 9 years 5 months ago #9873

• RichW
Hi Harris.
Steve tends to put on a mix of full 6 piece band gigs and 3 man acoustic shows. He normally performs Here Comes the Sun in the full band shows, i'm guessing because its more of a big production song.

He has recently also performed the first two albums with full band, guests, orchestra and choir. Personally, I don't think there is a better artist / songwriter out there. You will be hooked now for sure. Try and get to full band gigs too, I promise you won't be disappointed :)

Re: Shoreham last night (26th oct) 9 years 5 months ago #9876

• cheri
Welcome, harris. :) I am an American and newcomer, too, having "discovered" Steve Harley about 4 years ago. I never looked back. I made three intercontinental trips to England specifically to see the band play and they absolutely knocked my socks off. Still do. I couldn't make it this year, but hope to come sometime in the future. Every time I see and hear a live band, I wish I was watching Cockney Rebel. There is simply nothing better. He has spoiled me!!! ;)

Cheri

Re:Shoreham last night (26th oct) 9 years 5 months ago #9889

• harris
Thanks for the replies Cheri & RichW - for some reason my username cant be changed and comes up as harris, operator error my end I fear!
Anyway, that makes sense regarding the full band sound. Without wanting to sound "obvious" - after attending Shoreham it did make me realise that there is far far more to Steve H than his hits..I need to catch up on his back catalogue pretty quick I reckon and I will look out for some more live gigs. Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply :)