& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Harley Fanzone

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9878

• Monika
Hi Cheri,
thank you for your answer.Now i understand.greets to Montana Monica (Switzerland)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9879

• Cocnerebel
Hi Cheri

I trust you are well.

As you know, I have been a close friend of Peter for a number of years. We met because of our love for the music of Steve Harley and we share other musical taste as well as supporting the same soccer team (Everton). I am not sure what you mean by "resources" but I can reassure you that the reason for the unavailability of the site is in no way financial. In fact, Peter mentioned to me a while ago that the web hosting fees were paid up to July 2015. Indeed, nor is the reason a lack of resources in the form of material needed to update the site. There is actually a veritable wealth of material in Peter's possession which he intended to include on his site over time. Sadly, it looks like that will not now happen. Gone are the huge amount of resources that were already included on the site, all the fan faces, the gig pictures, the worldwide illustrated discography (including many foreign picture sleeve images) and everything else that was made available to fans both old and new. The site was a labour of love and did not come cheap in terms of either time (a huge amount of hours were devoted to the task) or money. However, such things have not caused the unavailability of the site. I hasten to add that Peter is fit and well so it is nothing to do with health either so please don't worry.

Maybe see you next year if Steve keeps his promise of performing the "Best Years" album live?

Mike x

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9880

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Mike and Cheri (and all interested fans...)
Please note that Steve has never made any such "promise" regarding "Best Years" Live. He is not in a position to do so.
It is, however, an active idea and being considered.
RACHEL

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9884

• cheri
Hi, guys. :) By resources I just meant the hours it takes to maintain the site and the fact that he finances it himself. And that's just an assumption. Peter has not told me the reason the site is down, but he did talk to me a bit about it, either in 2012 or during my last visit in 2013, that it just takes a lot for him to keep it going and that there was a possibility that he would not be able to do it anymore. At least that's how I understood it. Sorry, Peter, if I got it wrong and I certainly didn't mean to put words in your mouth. :)

Cheri

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9886

• Maelitta
ooooohhh what a shame :(

I really wonder why Harleyfanzone has closed. The richest archives I knew. The best, I'd say. I am gutted :angry:

But happy to learn that Pete is fit and well !
  • Page: