Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Harley Fanzone

Harley Fanzone 9 years 6 months ago #9857

• stewart g
Obviously it's a different world than when the Fanzone was set up all those years ago,with the likes of Twitter and Facebook being around,but I was sad to read on The Fanzone's board that Peter Juckes-Hughes site is about to or has closed.it won't be the same at gigs without Pete appearing out of nowhere and flashing his camera! at us all!! he's been a great Fan and provided us all with a goldmine of info about Steve and Cockney Rebel. Thanks a million Pete and hope to see you at a gig next year!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 6 months ago #9858

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
:( It does indeed look like it's closed. Shame. It was a goldmine of information.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 6 months ago #9859

• Ray Smith
I was saddened to hear and see this. It was like a library there for us all and I know how many painstaking hours and hours Pete made of his time to give us all the news possible past and present (excluding this site of course) in building his site.

I shall surely miss looking things up there.

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9864

• Reb55
Also very sad to hear that Pete's site has gone. Was a great place to go and wallow in all things Harley, I always ended up staying much longer than I intended. One of my more recent life ambitions was to get my picture onto the Fans Faces page , an ambition that I was lucky enough to see fulfilled only for Peter to forget my wife's name, prompting him to tag us as "the Lowthers from Scotland". He later told me that he just made the name up as he thought it "suited us", :laugh:. What a guy! Anyway, thanks to Pete for the hours and hours of pleasure his dedication to the Fanzone have given. One less thing to look forward to each day :(

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9865

• Monika
Peter Juckes-Hughes sit has closed.I will miss this sit a lot.I liked it.It is sad.What reason?Why?Can somebody give me a answer. Monika

Re:Harley Fanzone 9 years 5 months ago #9874

• cheri
Peter is awesome. I was lucky enough to have my picture taken by him at the Birmingham symphony concert in 2012 when the fans got together afterwards. It was the first symphony and choir concert Steve did, it was amazing and we had a great time afterwards at Jury's Inn until 4:00 a.m. Dear, dear Phantom walked me to my room to make sure I made it safely. Miss him terribly as I'm sure you all do. :(

From what I understand, Peter did the website himself. It took lots of his time and he financed it personally. I remember that there was talk months ago that he just didn't have the resources, whatever they were, to maintain it anymore. So, yes it is sad that it is gone, but Peter is still a member of this site, so he is not gone. :)

Hi, Peter. :)

Cheri
  • Page: