Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line

The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 5 months ago #9846

• stewart g
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 5 months ago #9847

• stewart g
Having trouble getting the link on here to the review!!!!! :S Perhaps Stella or GedKen could work their little bit of magic again for me please!! ;)
Thanks in anticipation!!

Re:The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 5 months ago #9848

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
Having trouble getting the link on here to the review!!!!! :S Perhaps Stella or GedKen could work their little bit of magic again for me please!! ;)
Thanks in anticipation!!

:kiss:

www.thepublicreviews.com/steve-harley-the-lowry-salford/

(you missed a hyphen in the-lowry)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 5 months ago #9850

• therebel
nice review and about time people started giving mr. H the credit he deserves
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 4 months ago #9881

• jollyroger
The Quays Theatre, Lowry, Salford: MAGICAL
Hebden Bridge: Like nothing they'd ever seen in that venue before, according to locals
Shoreham (yep, I got around on this one!!!): sensational sound quality, wonderful, imaginative, sympathetic lighting from Tony Lawther. and musically an unforgettable tour de force. Barry excelled, but so did James on Riding The Waves and Sling it. But the focal point was always on Mr H - charismatic, towering as ever before. Maybe even more so - he seems to have gained in self-awareness through the personal stories he's been telling. I've been amazed at the different slants he puts on the performance each evening...similar but never the same, and that's saying much for a true professional, a natural. I've seen more Live SH shows than I could possibly count, but these latest, including the personal stories and the intimate feeling in the venues I was at, surpass any others I know about. I don't know any other artiste who changes the set-list and the attitude from tour to tour or night to night even.. like Steve. One night no Compared With You, next night, it's there! One night, no Friend for Life, then it just appears, and the other musicians appear caught in shock!! He's a special character and a great songwriter/musician. Barry and James are virtuosos, but the side is lead and directed by one Steve Harley, without whom the others would be, well, great but unrecognised musicians. Steve brings them to the fore and gives them a Spotlight in which to shine. Together, these three are magic - with Mr H the great, unique Ringleader!

Re:The Lowry, Excellent Review On Line 9 years 4 months ago #9883

• stewart g
Thanks Stella for sorting the link out for me!! and JollyRoger...a friend of mine who has now seen Steve 5 times including 2 orchestral shows told me after The Lowry that the show was easily the best he has seen Steve live. There really is something very special about those acoustic, closer look performances! :)
  • Page: