Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October

Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9795

• Reb55
Just received an email from The Arches, Glasgow with the disappointing news that " Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances the Wednesday 22nd October performance by Steve Harley has had to be cancelled."

Hope all is well in camp.... :unsure:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9796

• RachelPAtoSH
Sorry about that cancellation.
The promoter has reasons, apparently...we are waiting for clarification.
The plan might be to consolidate, offering Weds ticket holders seats for the Thursday performance.
More when we have it.
We just hope no fans will be seriously inconvenienced. Again, sorry to those with tickets, but this is out of our control.
RACHEL

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9806

• James T
I've only been to The Arches once, and it definitely didn't strike me as a Harley venue. Probably they haven't sold enough tickets for two nights and think they'll just condense.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9808

• ian159
Kinda worrying if they are condensing 2 audiences into 1 concert , not been to the Arches so hopefully it's a large enough concert space

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9827

• shws2014
Very disappointing, very annoying.

This has all the hallmarks of consolidating and will certainly seriously inconvenience me (surely others too, if they even know about the cancellation ... I just happened to go into the Arches website today and found out by chance.)

I already had another gig arranged for Thursday so chose Steve's gig on Wednesday and now face missing one or other OR incurring the extra cost of another ticket plus travel on Friday for the second band.

Surprised at the above post saying there's nothing Steve's camp could do - it says elsewhere on this website that they 'agreed' to play only one Glasgow gig, rather than the 2, at the promoter's request. Why not just tell the promoter where to alight ?? Been messed around before in similar circumstances and not happy with this situation.

Though I also wondered in the first place why the extent of the Scottish gigs was two in Glasgow and none elsewhere ? I had actually thought I was doing well not having to travel to England yet again to see the band - but 2 different Scottish venues would have been nice too.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 6 months ago #9829

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
shws2014 wrote:
Very disappointing, very annoying.

This has all the hallmarks of consolidating and will certainly seriously inconvenience me (surely others too, if they even know about the cancellation ... I just happened to go into the Arches website today and found out by chance.)

I already had another gig arranged for Thursday so chose Steve's gig on Wednesday and now face missing one or other OR incurring the extra cost of another ticket plus travel on Friday for the second band.

Surprised at the above post saying there's nothing Steve's camp could do - it says elsewhere on this website that they 'agreed' to play only one Glasgow gig, rather than the 2, at the promoter's request. Why not just tell the promoter where to alight ?? Been messed around before in similar circumstances and not happy with this situation.

Though I also wondered in the first place why the extent of the Scottish gigs was two in Glasgow and none elsewhere ? I had actually thought I was doing well not having to travel to England yet again to see the band - but 2 different Scottish venues would have been nice too.

The Wednesday ticket is automatically valid on Thursday at the Arches so you can still see the show or you can get a refund** if you'd rather see the other gig......so you needn't end up out of pocket. It is annoying and disappointing, I'm sure but sometimes life's like that. If ticket sales have been poor it makes sense to condense the audience into one night rather than have a dreadful half-full venue :woohoo: for two nights.
Wonder what choice you'll make?

**Contact the box office on 0141 565 1000*:)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.