Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve Norman

Steve Norman 9 years 8 months ago #9656

• mick_mckenzie
How talented is this guy?

I hope this post is relevant, but given Steve’s great (and extremely enthusiastic) performances at the recent Menagerie / Psychomodo gigs with our Steve, and the fact that lots of Cockney Rebel fans are “of an age” to remember the early 70s, it may be of interest.

Anyway, he’s now part of another “supergroup”, Holy Holy, who’ll be doing some shows next month performing “The Man Who Sold The World” and other early 70s stuff. Some names in the band that the oldies may recognise are Woody Woodmansey, Tony Visconti, Glenn Gregory and James Stevenson. Also appearing will be Mick Ronson's daughter Lisa, and his sister Maggi. To keep this as a “heads up” rather than what might look to some like an advert, that’s all I’m saying, but for anyone who fancies it a quick google should help.

Mick
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve Norman 9 years 8 months ago #9667

• Tglyn
That's great news Mick, I have to admit that I thought he was fantastic when I saw him perform at Manchester,RAH and Birmingham. May I add I had quite a long chat with him after the show and he is a real gentleman, a good looking lad, and so happy he was able to be with Stephen on stage...they had lots of fun. My fingers are crossed that Steve and Stephen(family) get the chance to work alongside again.
Any more info on Steve and his work will be very welcombe by me and I am sure many others. Thanks once again for the detail and info Mick....Tony

Re:Steve Norman 9 years 8 months ago #9678

• mick_mckenzie
Yep, one of the things I liked about Steve N is that despite being a big star in his own right he's obviously still a fan. The same way Joe Elliott is a huge Mott the Hoople/Ian Hunter even though he's probably sold zillions more than they ever did. There's none of the big "I am" about them. They know what they loved when they were kids and they still love it; just like most of us lesser mortals do. ;)

Mick

Re:Steve Norman 9 years 8 months ago #9679

• fantom
Steve is indeed a great performer.

I saw Spandau on their reformation tour and they were fantastic.

I also have a dvd of Steve perfoming with his friend Mike Peters and the alarm in 2012.

Re:Steve Norman 9 years 8 months ago #9698

• Maggie Jones
Steve N really brought energy to the orchestra show, and looked genuinely thrilled to be on stage with Steve H - why not!!!

Re:Steve Norman 9 years 7 months ago #9706

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Steve Norman does the ice bucket challenge. Nice bod Steve! :laugh:
onedrive.live.com/?cid=12AAA0AA63B2AB67&...y=%21AqH0MyuFBmnkXjo
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.