Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Royal Albert Hall.

Re:Royal Albert Hall. 9 years 9 months ago #9534

• new cross boy
  • From 1973 to the present day
RAH on 28 June was immense - so good that no words could possibly do it justice. When Jim and Stuart joined for the finale I was literally moved to tears. 40 years on, almost to the day, from my first CR gig at Victoria Palace - reckon this was my 56th SH&CR gig all told - and the magic that emanates when Steve sings is still as strong now and instantly transports me back to being 17 again. Looking forward to The Stables at Wavendon on 12 October. Talking of magical - to the gorgeous blonde lady in an orange and white dress sitting in the aisle seat (Arena E, row 12-ish?)eating an ice cream in the interval.........WOW!!!! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Royal Albert Hall. 9 years 9 months ago #9535

• GedKen
Great night - so many highlights.... :) :) :) the dramatic sight of the high row of black-topped choristers sharply clapping to 'Sweet Dreams'; the Stewart G. inspired selection of 'Spaced Out'/'Judy Teen'; the sea of hands held high during 'Tumbling Down'; the little stories from those heady days (we should have an evening of those sometime, perhaps with Stuart in attendance as well?). Steve Norman, clearly relishing every moment up there playing in Cockney Rebel!

Thanks to everyone that has uploaded Youtube clips, great memories preserved for all!

I guess Steve has earned a good rest after these shows!

Best wishes to Lincoln as well, I look forward to seeing him back up there on the stage sometime soon.

Re:Royal Albert Hall. 9 years 9 months ago #9561

• leonacht
We refer to our comment / appreciation here above . The day's after the R.A.H. gig we read all the upgrade fantastic comments and it was ( for us , Belgian people ) one of the musical top moments of the year . Steve and band , Chris Norman and the fantastic choir , the venue , the atmonsphere , the most friendly collaborators of RAH , the fantastic settings , Steve's talent to be empathic with the audience , the very talented band....combined with superb ' smile ' songs and sounds........well, well , well.... this was some kind of a religious outstanding evening.....only ' one spot on the world' ... London RAH . Thanks to everyone / anyone who contributed to this perfect musical match .
Thanks Steve to mention Belgium in your show as one of your first strong appreciation / regards on Sebastian . My lovely wife , Silvie , told me to react on this statement in the R.A.H..... but before I realised what you were saying it was to late !!!
Anyway , Leo , Silvie and Viktor had a very sensitive , amiable , nice , charming and likeable saturdayevening !!!.
CU all back soon !
L&S ( and V ) :laugh: