Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Old Time Fans- where are they?

Re:Old Time Fans- where are they? 9 years 11 months ago #9300

• mick_mckenzie
Hi Rebel, don't know Heaton Norris too well, other then the stretch of pubs between the Rudyard (or whatever it's called now) and the town centre.

Hi Becky, know Marple quite well. I like the Royal Scot in Marple Bridge, and the Midland is nice for a meal, if a bit pricey. Also eat in the Ring'o'Bells on the canal quite a lot. Will shortly be walking up round Hawk Green, and call in the Crown (another nice one for food) on the way back to watch the snooker. Hope this doesn't sound excessively pub-orientated, but walking does build up a thirst. :)

Mick
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Old Time Fans- where are they? 9 years 11 months ago #9301

• mick_mckenzie
Ah yeah, the football.
Stockport County. Started going in 1968; still going home and away. Seen some crap over the years, but it's never been as bad as right now. But it's like following a band - stick with them through the lean years and the good times will eventually come back. I hope.

Mick

Re:Old Time Fans- where are they? 9 years 11 months ago #9302

• therebel
lol mick ring o bells (robs as its known in our house ) we go there fairly often as our friends live at the top of the hill had some great meals and beers in there
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:Old Time Fans- where are they? 9 years 11 months ago #9303

• mick_mckenzie
Yep, snooker not on in the Crown, so it was back down the hill to robs, as you call it. :)

Mick