Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SOUNDING out Bridgewater Hall

SOUNDING out Bridgewater Hall 9 years 11 months ago #9203

• joanna
THANK you to the guys making it all happen also ...

To Andy (sound), who I felt helped make it sound so much cleaner for the Psychomodo .. lifting violin and Sax out of the massive sound pool, which worked.

Im going to have to agree with all the comments re last nights Spectacular.
I too was a little apprehensive having experienced the Birmingham "session"and wasnt quite sure how it could be different.
It was so so full of sound, big, huge sound (Yes a Big Big Deal even) and yet despite less banter from Steve it felt so much more.
Perhaps this is what you describe as the Manchester Effect.

Steve appeared to be so driven by every single note, which in turn seemed to give him more and more as he pulled at the energy from behind him and then in turn through him into the audience.
Truly amazing to behold in places.

So good to meet up with friends old and new ..... then a pure chance turn into a street .... met with some chaps from a band who had just played :woohoo: The Bridgewater Hall !
Magical.
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:SOUNDING out Bridgewater Hall 9 years 11 months ago #9205

• cheri
Hi, Jo! :D Sounds absolutely fabulous! It's killing me that I couldn't be there; I want to be at EVERY ONE. I'll see him again, just don't know when. If I do, hope to see you, too. :)

Cheri

Re:SOUNDING out Bridgewater Hall 9 years 11 months ago #9206

• newiejudy
joanna wrote:
THANK you to the guys making it all happen also ...

To Andy (sound), who I felt helped make it sound so much cleaner for the Psychomodo .. lifting violin and Sax out of the massive sound pool, which worked.

Im going to have to agree with all the comments re last nights Spectacular.
I too was a little apprehensive having experienced the Birmingham "session"and wasnt quite sure how it could be different.
It was so so full of sound, big, huge sound (Yes a Big Big Deal even) and yet despite less banter from Steve it felt so much more.
Perhaps this is what you describe as the Manchester Effect.

Steve appeared to be so driven by every single note, which in turn seemed to give him more and more as he pulled at the energy from behind him and then in turn through him into the audience.
Truly amazing to behold in places.

So good to meet up with friends old and new ..... then a pure chance turn into a ,street .... met with some chaps from a band who had just played :woohoo: The Bridgewater Hall !
Magical.

Jo
You took the words right out of my mouth! Show was magnificent, a credit to all involved (behind the scenes too which I always forget to thank!!) So lovely to meet you as well, glad you were able to share my happiness afterwards meeting the guys ... What a wonderful ending to a perfect night ... Now if we'd just got to see Steve then too that would have made it even more better xxx

Re:SOUNDING out Bridgewater Hall 9 years 11 months ago #9210

• joanna
Hi Judy and Cheri B) greetings .
Smile x