Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phantom

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9030

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve sends this:

"Mark was all that his friends on this site say: kind, decent and very brave. I spoke to him on the telephone a few months ago, and he showed not an ounce of self-pity, thinking only of his deeply-loved family, those he will be leaving behind, those who would suffer the pain of loss. He was a special guy. I will always be indebted to him for taking care of our American visitors. Cherie and Ana will remember him forever, no doubt. As will all who knew him. Alan, you and Mark's family and friends have my deepest sympathy. Steve H."

RACHEL
The topic has been locked.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9031

• ajsmith
Very sad news. Although I never knew Mark personally he sounded like a good person, and my thoughts go out to his family.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9032

• GedKen
Saddened to read this news. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9033

• joanna
Dear Alan... just a little note to send love and support to you all following this sad news.
You may not remember but I spoke with you and Mark for a while during the post bash party at Jurys Inn in Birmingham.

Met Mark a couple of times or so, Leamington Spa with Anna with whom he was looking after for the gig and with others more recently over at Milton Keynes, such a gent and keen keen fan always sharing info.
I remember he told me off for taking him some chocolates (as a little daft "get well" gift).
I had forgotten he was a diabetic too !!
He was quite poorly I sensed that evening and being so brave. He did`nt get to the gig.

Im sure you will have lots of support as and when and even if you feel you need the odd time out for stories and support from those who knew your brother here.
Best wishes x jo
Smile x

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9034

• therebel
so so bloody sad to lose a special person like mark he was a lovely guy and a friend to many on this site . me and roxy are honoured to have known him and spent a special night together in Birmingham with him and alan. we have spoken a couple of times during his illness and just like always mark only thought about others and made light of his illness .he is going to have everyone up there in stitches with his sense of humour . god bless you mate and I know them words we shared and sung together for our beloved blues is how I will remember you ( carefree )
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9035

• Ray Smith
Very sad news. Mark made a huge impression on part of my life once and I was forever grateful to him. He came out of the crowd at a gig during A Friend For Life, when he saw that I was crying due to just losing my Dad, and loaned me his shoulder to cry on.

Had my own thought for him today in work alone.