Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday.

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8770

• My Only Vice
I hope plenty of you managed to get on board with the live feed for this show. I was there to witness yet another fantastic performance. These musicians just seem to get better and better, and last night they delivered a wonderful set.

And loud too! Epic is the former Anglia TV studio in Norwich, and both the acoustics and lighting were excellent. We can be a shy lot in Norwich, but despite that Steve used all his mastery to get us singing. It takes some doing, and there was a great buzz amongst everyone leaving the show.

There were two large screens either side of the stage showing the live filming, and it looked excellent. Hoping the footage makes it onto download and/or DVD. Not least to hear 'Nothing is Sacred' again, my all time favourite - what a treat it was to hear that played live - rehearsed or not!

Brilliant.
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8773

• GedKen
I believe it has now been uploaded onto the Epic website - worth parting with a few quid if you were there and want to relive it.

There was also a short pre-recorded interview with Steve which was broadcast during the interval (I don't know if they showed it at the gig as well?). Another naughty schoolboy who hadn't done his homework before sitting down for an audience with the man! :dry:

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8774

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
You can watch the interview for nothing. It was posted on The Official Steve Harley Facebook this morning.

I don't know why Steve didn't slosh him one......5 or 6 decades in the business indeed!! :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8775

• GedKen
Thanks Stella, yes that was a 'moment'.

To be fair to the interviewer he might have meant that Steve's career has spanned across 5 decades (1970s-2010s), but it may have come out wrong. Adding another decade didn't help the poor cub at all (he's probably been watching too much Dr. Who methinks).

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8776

• cockneyr3bel
Had a great night last night at Epic studio's,managed to get prime spot in front of the man himself.It was Amazing,great performance as usual from all the guys,especially Barry,who was exceptional,
met some F/B friends Deborah,and Karen and Ian.Shame about the plectrum,it hit me,and the guy behind caught it.The poster I got from ladies loo made up for that I suppose.
Going to try now to see if I can still pay and watch it again.

Re:Live Streaming of Epic Studios Norwich on Sunday. 10 years 5 months ago #8777

• iantanner
Another fantastic performance from Steve and the band at a great venue (first time for SHCR as far as I know) with good acoustics. We'll worth the long journey up from Kent. It was good to see a large crowd, nice to see Deborah again and to meet with Glynis and Mr Glynis (sorry, never got your name!) from conversations overhead, many first timers and people who hadn't seen Steve since the seventies - all went away in awe - just listening to the conversations on the way out was a pleasure! Get in there!!! Thanks Steve, a great tour, great set list