Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scunthorpe

Scunthorpe 10 years 5 months ago #8639

• Munchkin1
Another blinding concert, yet again I cried through " Friend for Life" ....one day I will get to see Steve sing this all the way through....as for the rest.....captivating soaring, a real joy. Roll on Holmfirth. Thank you Steve and the guys. X
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Scunthorpe 10 years 5 months ago #8646

• GrahamEd
I don't think you were alone in crying through FFL last night- I had my arm round someone who felt the same emotions.
As you say, an excellent evening, in a fairly sparsely filled room- what a shame. But, ever the pro, Steve put in as much as he would have anywhere, anytime. But I was in an upbeat kind of mood last night and for me, Prima Donna and Saturday Night at The Fair were excellent, but so too were Lighthouse and a simply staggeringly good Tumbling Down along with a dramatic Sebastian. Coast of Amalfi was stunning too.
Steve was on rare form himself. It's a few years since I saw him live, what with my being out of the UK and all that, but last night was like a familar old feeling, a comfortable place. His "condor moment" reminiscences were as amusing as always, and he looked so at ease with himself.
I have to admit we were slightly late in arriving, end of front row seats (thanks so much Jackie :cheer:! ) and missed the opening number- but sneaked in un-beknown to him (unlike the poor couple who wandered in several songs later to centre front row seats). He didn't let that go unnoticed!
He seemed in his element. I managed to have a quick word after the show- and found Steve in great from, obviously pleased and proud to have the RAH date booked. What a night that will be- it's a long way from Scuthorpe Baths to Albert Hall- but that is certainly something to look forward to next year. I will be doing everything I can to be back to see that for sure.

Re:Scunthorpe 10 years 5 months ago #8648

• judsky
Superb show my girlfriend is rummaging through my CD s for more Steve Harley ( she bought the tickets as a treat for me not having heard much of Steves music )I thought the whole group were on top form and I will be treating her to a future Steve Harley concert. We were sat 2nd row right behind you I was frozen entering the arena but full of warmth once the boys hit the stage. Well done Steve top man !!

Re:Scunthorpe 10 years 5 months ago #8649

• Munchkin1
Oh....you saw my melt down moment!! Sorry if I was a nuisance jigging and dancing around......just I get so involved with the music and the occasion!!,