Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: December 2012 Tour

December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4591

• Mr Raffles
Or should i say December 2012 Tour... followed by huge question mark ????....!!! A lot of talk about the Human Menagerie/Psychomodo show being given a kind of 'mini tour' after the Birmingham concert in November.I can understand Steve wanting to put 100% into making that particular event a big sell-out success but surely now that target is all but guarantied it would be crazy not to continue the show in a slightly 'stripped down' version for other dates across the country.Learning the musical and lyrical complexities of those two albums is some feat.It must make sense to prolonge that idea and momentum for other pre-Christmas gigs at various other venues? The current 'Rebel' line-up could pull it off on their own i'm sure.Who needs an orchestra when you have Barry on violin and James on keyboards??!! I hope Steve does consider performing the complete Human Menagerie and Psychomodo beyond Birmingham even if it's severely scaled down.We'll still be there!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4593

• joanna
Totally agree.........please please...??
Smile x

Re: December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4595

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I understand fully you all, and me, wanting Steve to do this,that, play here for you, play there for you cos' you live there in that one horse town of yours or mine and then you want him to play this song and that song cos it means so much to you, Pleeeeze cut our favourite sixtysomething some slack, if he could please us all, all of the time he would then be our dear departed hero all of the time! So c'mon, be patient and wait for Steve to play his next winning hand.

Re:December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4604

• Mr Raffles
It just seems to make sense to do more than just a 'one off' concert involving the Human Menagerie and Psychomodo albums.It's going to take time for Steve and the band to learn the complex lyrics and music to those great songs so why not keep the momentum going after Birmingham with more dates across the country? The November event is all but sold out so furthur shows will not affect the Symphony Hall ticket sales in any way.If Steve feels unhappy to do more shows without the full choir and orchestra then fair enough but i'm sure that 99% of Cockney Rebel fans would be quite happy to hear those two great albums performed live by Steve and the boys alone.

Re:December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4610

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
You are absoluteley right Mr. Raffles, but I really hope [just this once] that Steve will be too busy counting all that money whilst earning a hard earned rest as he does graft on our behalf as well as his own y'know. xxx

Re:December 2012 Tour 12 years 1 month ago #4636

• guisboro
  • Andy
I think I am in the minority, but I don't want it to be toured. I'm quite happy with it being a one-off. Makes it more of an event for me.