Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ticket sales - SH Booming!!

Ticket sales - SH Booming!! 12 years 2 months ago #4406

• jollyroger
Just as an academis exercise (I'm at a loose end, not a nerd!), I trawled the Symphony Hall GIGS ticketssales, going to "BOOK HERE" for rock/pop dates in March, May, June, October, including Joan Baez, Elvis Costello, Ian Anderson, Level 42, Katie Melhua, Joan Armatrading, 10CC, The Waterboys - - - - some coming up very soon, and NOT ONE has outsold the SH show. Most are lagging way behind!! One or two, coming in the next few weeks (Costello?) are close or better marginally, but to think Steve's sales have 9 months to run, this is a great achievement. I have worked in the Music Biz for 35 years, and I am happy to say: Congratulations to Steve's team and their clear thinking regarding the way they went about sales. Offering Pre-Sales to this website was inspied, and I hope the team at Comeuppance are thoroughly pleased and proud of themselves. Rebelfreak1 (Jimbo?) has contributed a brilliant shceme throught the hotel get-together (sadly, I will need to drive home after), and all who have passed on news of the gig by word-of-mouth can be applauded, too. The story is that only one ad has been paid for, in a Midlands newspaper, and I believe SH has not completede one interview yet to plug the show. I'm sure he will, but let's hope it will be along the lines of "Sold out" without a National ad. Check out the Symphony Hall website tickets for GIGs and compare like I did. I couldn't be more pleased for Stev Harley. So very well deserved.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Ticket sales - SH Booming!! 12 years 2 months ago #4407

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
brilliant post jolly rog,very interesting re ticket sales of others.of course cream will always sit on top!!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Ticket sales - SH Booming!! 12 years 2 months ago #4413

• essexboybilly
many feel the same Jolly...what do you do in the music biz - think you wrote some time ago that you were a reporter??
Anyway, great psoting, and I couldn't agree more.