& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: early live recordings

early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4297

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Someone asked in another thread as to why there does not seem to be any old 'bootlegs' of Cockney Rebel.
After a search of the internet I found this...four live tracks from 21st january 1974(RECORDED BY THE BBC IN MANCHESTER?) and the john peel sessions(1975) recorded 'as live' in john peels studio,five tracks.
I hope this is ok with comeuppance and Steve that I post this link here.
As this is out there in cyberspace for anyone that wants to search I dont think that I am doing anything wrong in sharing this,and I think even Steve will agree the ten minute version of 'death trip' is glorious and needs to be shared with fans that dont go that far back.It captures brilliantly the whole sound that drew us all to cockney rebel in the first place.If the management feel this is treading on toes then I apologise and would ask you to delete my post.
Jim.
dkandroughmix-forgottensongs.blogspot.co...abel/Cockney%20Rebel

hope it works,copy and paste the link to your browser B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4298

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I have a CD with these tracks on it, 'SH&CR live at the BBC' which I believe to be an official BBC release.
Running order :-

1. Bed In The Corner.
2. Sling It.
3. Mr Soft.
4. Sweet Dreams.
5. Psychomodo. - recorded for John Peel, 28/5/74.
6. Crazy Raver.
7. Loretta's Tale.
8. Sebastian.
9. Death Trip. - recorded live in concert 22/1/74
10. Mr Raffles.
11. Victim Of Love.
12. Make Me Smile (abridged)
13 Star For A Week.
14. Riding The Waves.(abridged)

The release date was 1995.

Re:early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4300

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
yeah got that cd too but these sound different and more 'real'
without the added later tracks.
also on that link there is an album that someone has made up of the rare b sides etc,such as big big deal,such is life, lay me down ,etc.
posted the link for our friends in foreign parts who may not be able to buy the bbc cd, and they can download these .rar files and use a convertor to get them onto a cd for themselves via their own media player. the nine tracks sound so much better put together as a stand alone package without the added tracks from later years.
B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4301

• jollyroger
Jimbo - this is a fantastc site. Who canthe builder be??
Who cares! it's a classic. The creator shows so much respect I can't imagine Comeuppance having a problem.
It is a great find. Thanks. Reggie

Re:early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4302

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I thought you'd have the CD, Jimbo.

I understand it's very difficult to track down these days.

Re:early live recordings 12 years 2 months ago #4304

• newiejudy
:woohoo: Thanks so much Jimbo for sharing this with us! I am listening to Death Trip as I'm writing this ... getting psyched up for Birmingham!! This is great being able to hear earlier recordings from Steve that I have not heard before (being way way down under in Australia!) Looks like I'll owe you another pint for this ...
Judy
xx
  • Page: