Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brilliant Bognor

Brilliant Bognor 12 years 2 months ago #4220

• Michael Carraway
Steve and the band put on a blistering one-hour set last night at Bognor Butlins, from where I write on my laptop, free wi-fi!! Mrs Carraway is having a great time, altho I find some of the 70s dressing-up a bit gruesome!! However, nice weather, nice people (mostly) and as I say, SH was fantastic. Made a lot of new converts I reckon, playing to close to 3,000 people, who must have been thinking "Didn't know he'd had so many hits"...AND I pcked up a Symphony Hall flyer, so great marketing for that, as Comeuppance said all along. Good to see Rick Driscoll appear on backing vocals too, looking like Charles the Second!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Brilliant Bognor 12 years 2 months ago #4223

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Glad you enjoyed Michael.Did you write down the set list at all? Maybe bump in to you in Birmingham. ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Brilliant Bognor 12 years 2 months ago #4224

• joanna
Thanks for the update too ....Yes would be interested to hear what was played Cheers jo B)
Smile x

Re:Brilliant Bognor 12 years 2 months ago #4225

• Michael Carraway
Can't say I wrote it down, but can recall Judy Teen, Mr Soft,Love's a Prima Donna (blistering, even tho SH jumbled a couple of verses around!!, Mr Raffles, Here Comes The Sun Sebastian and Make Me Smile - it was billed as 70s, so he was always like he said in a diary I think going to pl;ay "the Hits". That's what the crowd wanted - Oh, Mrs C remembers A Froend For Life, which stumnned a big crowd into silent admiration as I saw it. That got a very big ovation. The set ran for just a few minutes over an hour, with SH spaking no more than juts a few words once or twice. Sorry can't be more specific. Back for more tonight, not really my thing but the wife is having a great time, Kenny tonight (Rick Driscoll! Do The Bump! really!!). However, Steve and band really were a huge highlight, as all the others sing to backing tapes and drum machines.

Re:Brilliant Bognor 12 years 2 months ago #4228

• joanna
A long way for me to have traveled and wasnt going to be my thing , but a little piece of me is rather envious that you have had a recent "music fix".. thank you for the info.. jo
Smile x