Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4212

• essexboybilly
Hi - I don't have Kindle and don't plan on getting one. How can I read the book?
Thanks for any help in advance
Billy
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4213

• Graeme
Sounds like a great read Stew. If only I could tell my Kinder from a Kindle.... but I will get to read it. B)

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 2 months ago #4214

• stewart g
Essexbillyboy / Graeme.
If you go on to amazon,search Lee benfell and click on his book,and you have an account with amazon.You can buy it with one click either to a kindle or direct to your p.c.
Hope this helps :) Have a look where it says available on your P.c.

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 1 month ago #4309

• graham E
Pete- I think perhaps we could do more to support Lee! The book costs less than pint for goodness sake!!

For that, you get a throughly entertaining book about music -and frankly something every Rebel fan needs to read.

One of the people Lee interacts with during the book is the one and only Steve Harley. The way Lee talks about Steve, his cousin Stewart and the rest of the Rebel fan community mean this is absolutely ESSSENTIAL reading for any Steve Harley fan. In fact, it is essential reading for anyone interested in the 70s and 80s music scene.

If you are a Rebel fan, and haven't read what is there in print about us other Rebel fans, then you are missing something, believe me!

Don't think about it, for the price of a beer you can read more than has every been written by a "neutral" about what following Harley appears to mean to many of us. The Harley references he makes will certainly make you think-and will make you proud!

It's a truly FANTASTIC book!

www.amazon.com/dp/B006S8ECT8/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 1 month ago #4315

• RachelPAtoSH
Stewart (anybody!), I need your help/advice.
Steve very much wants to read Lee's book.
Steve is flying to Australia next month and wants to take it on the flights.
Or he will read it immediately if we can acquire a copy.
I have explained that it appears to be a "kindle" book, and not available for sale in print.
Am I right about that?
He won't buy a Kindle - he likes paper.
Do we need to purchase a Kindle to read the book?
I have opened Amazon and clicked "Buy Now" but a page appears, with "Object Object" on it.
Any advice will be gratefully received!
RACHEL

Re:Lee Benfell Kindle Book on Amazon Virgin To Angel 12 years 1 month ago #4316

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Rachel.if you go to this link www.amazon.co.uk/gp/kindle/pc/download
just click on download now (using your laptop or home pc).
once done go back to the amazon books for kindle shop find lee's book and purchase there for £0.99. !
thousands of great books on their at various prices from 99p upwards.
(and lots of classics for free!).
The book will not be available in paper form,amazon/kindle is a place for new (and established) writers to showcase their latest material,as the sales and reviews increase then hopefully the publishing houses step in and offer the author a book deal.I suppose it is the modern way of not having to accept hundreds of hopeful writers from sending their work to them,but puts the onus on the general public to let the publishimg houses know what they are reading and would like to see in print.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'