Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 'brits'

'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4188

• cockneyr3bel
I,m sat watching the 'brits',I dont know why.did I hear someone introduce noel gallagher as one of the greatest songwriters of all time,and now I see in the tv book,blur are going to get a outstanding contribution to music award.
I do not understand,and never will ,why steve doesnt get the recognition in this country he deserves.It beggars belief!!!!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4189

• jollyroger
Hear hear to that! Blur - what a nonsense that was, three average songs shouted by a non-singer and played by 3 blokes who couldn't care. But that is the Music Biz for you. Steve would need a lot of pushing to get the recognition he has long deserved. November in Brum will put a few in their place.

Re:'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4192

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Idiocy. I just don't understand. Too good for this world man, too good.

"I see in the tv book,blur are going to get a outstanding contribution to music award."

Look, I like Blur, but outstanding? Are you kidding me? And both the Gallaghers are sort of a joke. No, I'll say again, I just don't understand.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4193

• crazy horse
the faceless "fat cats" of the music industry are notorious for rewarding the latest fads ,they seem to think fashion is a more endearing quality than real talent ,although it goes without saying that noel gallagher does have what it takes (unlike his idiot brother), and as for damon alburns cohorts in ten years from now there memory will just be a "blur" (pun intended) personally id rather have talent than any award :)

Re:'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4194

• cannieannie
i have read that gary barlow was once named as the best songwriter.we know steve is the best.

Re:'brits' 12 years 2 months ago #4195

• Paul Friett
I'm no Blur fan but we should recognise that they have already lasted (albeit on & off) for over two decades, so I see no reason to suppose that they will have been forgotten within one more...
Also, when Damon won an Ivor Novello Award for songwriting in 2006, one of the judges was a certain Steve Harley...
  • Page: