Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Band tour after Birmingham?

Re:Band tour after Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4558

• psychomenagerie
I appreciate the concert is months away Phantom, but business is at an all time low and has been for quite awhile now, the town I work in has a population of approx. 90,000, across the Humber, a city with a population of approx. 280,000-300,000, has 100 fewer Hackney Carriages than we do,(how the hell such a situation has arisen in this town beggars belief, but thats what we're up against) in the good old days, depending on length of journeys I'd do between 15-25 jobs a day, this week, so far Monday was the best day, 8 jobs, 1 was a runner, takings, way below national minimum wage, if I saved every single tip between now & the concert I wouldn't cover the price of tickets. In Sept. this year my eldest son will be going to university, I have 2 other kids, hopefully they'll also go on to uni., I may not have much spare money, but I'll do everything possible to help my kids through uni, and hopefully ensure they never find themselves in this position, so, although it may be months away, I simply cannot afford to not work on a Saturday.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Band tour after Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4559

• prima donna
Psychomenagerie i really appreciate your honesty but please dont feel you have to explain your personal circumstances because "The Phantom" isnt happy you are not attending, you dont have to prove anything to anyone.

Phantom are you happy now? Or do you want blood?

Re:Band tour after Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4560

• essexboybilly
Doh....let it go!

Re:Band tour after Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4563

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Pschomenagerie I owe you an apology. Putting your kids through University must be paramount to you as it would be to any decent parent of kids who want to go. I tip my hat to you.

Re:Band tour after Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4568

• psychomenagerie
No apology neccessary Phantom, I think it was a perfectly reasonable query on your behalf,hopefully you, & everybody who goes to Brum will have a great night, hopefully, who am I kidding, you WILL have a great night, & hopefully there might be a DVD of the show, so I'll get to enjoy it that way. ;)