Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Psychomodo/Human Menagerie

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4110

• TimD
I joined the Royal Navy in 72 and I can remember seeing Cockney Rebel in Plymouth around 73/74 in a marquee/tent near Plymouth Home Park football ground. At about the same time I can also remember seeing Sparks in the same location.
I still have the LP's of Psych. & Human Menagerie, I also have Sparks LP Kimono My House. All 3 are fantastic LP's in there own ways & today you would never find the quality of these 3 albums...............not that my daughter would think so!!!!

Imagine if both Cockney Rebel and Sparks did a concert together...what a night that would be.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4112

• graham E
On the subject of Sparks, just for the record..wait for this....did you know that in May and June 2008 they played a 21-night "Sparks Spectacular" in London, where they played each of their albums in chronological order during the first twenty nights, and premièred their new album on the twenty-first concert. Each night they performed an album in its entirety followed by a rare track — many of them being songs had never been performed live before. Now, how cool would that be Mr Harley???

:)

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4115

• Mr Raffles
I heard about this Graham.As a fan what if you wanted to hear every album on each different night? Might cost you a bit in time and money! I love the idea thou of Steve playing the complete Best Years of Our Lives and Timeless Flight live as a follow up to the Birmingham concert.This wouldn't really need a big orchestra or choir but would start a rather pleasant trend allowing us as fans the chance to hear such songs as Back to the Farm,49th Parallel,Another Journey,Black or White,Everything Changes,Don't Go Don't Cry,Throw Your Soul Down Here....i'm excited already!!!

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4116

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Mr Raffles wrote:
I heard about this Graham.As a fan what if you wanted to hear every album on each different night? Might cost you a bit in time and money! I love the idea thou of Steve playing the complete Best Years of Our Lives and Timeless Flight live as a follow up to the Birmingham concert.This wouldn't really need a big orchestra or choir but would start a rather pleasant trend allowing us as fans the chance to hear such songs as Back to the Farm,49th Parallel,Another Journey,Black or White,Everything Changes,Don't Go Don't Cry,Throw Your Soul Down Here....i'm excited already!!!

AGHHH. Am I going to have to move to England? Hahah.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4117

• graham E
But just for a week..
Sat: Human Menagerie/Psychomodo
Sun: Best Years/Timeless Flight
Mon: Prima Donna/Hobo
Tue: Candidate/Yes You Can
Wed: Poetic Justice/Quality of Mercy
Thur:Stranger Comes to Town/Unplayed Live Tracks

Thats a lot of words for Steve!

BTW- fans who bought tickets to all 21 Sparks shows got a signed poster and met the band to collect it too.

Maybe I am asking a bit much :laugh:

Re:Psychomodo/Human Menagerie 12 years 3 months ago #4118

• Mr Raffles
It would be England's gain Ali..!! Seriously,the idea of Steve doing more concerts of 'complete' albums isn't such a bad idea.It would give us a chance to hear those songs that never get played live. Although i'm not such a huge fan of albums like Hobo With a Grin,The Candidate,Yes You Can i would still go to a concert if they were being played live in their entirety just to hear various tracks that seem to have been forgotten in previous set-lists.Another idea for Steve to ponder!!