Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: *****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS *****

*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3930

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
****UPDATE****

HIYA FOLKS.
Just had a conversation with the nice lady at Jurys Inn Birmingham,re the hotel rooms.
The good news is they have plenty of availability to accomodate all those who have given me their names,and also others still to confirm (stew griffin and zafod,plus others).
She is now preparing a quote for me along with the hotel manager,and will e-mail me this today.I have given her a rough estimate of (at last count) 7-10 singles,30-35 doubles.10-15 twins and 3 triples!!
I suggested that they give me a promotional code so that everyone can get on their website and book their own individual rooms to suit,she said that should not be a problem.
She was amazed that people are flying in from OZ,USA,GERMANY,HOLLAND,SCANDINAVIA ETC for this.
So hold tight everyone once I have the prices I will post here and give you a time and date when you can get online and start booking.
ALL TOGETHER NOW.....
'OH DEAR,LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO THE BLUES,BLUES,BLUES....
CANT WAIT,WHAT A NIGHT THIS IS GOING TO BE.....
JIMBO. :woohoo: B) :laugh: :cheer: ;) :blink: :woohoo:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3931

• Reb55
Great news Jimbo! Thanks for all your efforts. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone, almost as much as the concert. Thanks again big guy. :woohoo:

Re:*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3932

• frodehsr
That very nice, hope you have me and my family on the list. Sounds like the weekend will be even better meeting so many dedicated Steve Harley Fans :) before and after The Concert!!!

regards from Stavanger, Norway

Re:*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3933

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
yes frodehsr I have you included 5 double rooms my friend.
KEEP LOOKING IN HERE FOR HOW TO BOOK.
regards jimbo.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3934

• Rebel
Jimbo,

Won't need hotel as will be jumping on a train from just down the road in Coventry.

However, I would love to meet up with everyone prior to the concert for pre-rebel refreshments.

There are plenty of bars along Broad Street, all within a couple of minutes walk from both Jury's and the venue.
There are lots of good choices, but my favourite would be the Pitcher and Piano, in Brindley Place. The bar is on two levels and overlooks the canal. If the numbers were adequate, the manager has already indicated that we could possibly have one of the levels exclusively.

If there are enough people interested then perhaps we could book it from mid afternoon onwards for a bit of a pre-concert party?

Re:*****LATEST ON HOTEL ROOMS ***** 12 years 2 months ago #3935

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Thats a great idea mate and I am sure everyone would be up for this and no doubt the drinks etc would be much cheaper than bar prices at the jurys inn.The approx numbers who are booking rooms through me are around 100 plus,may be an idea to have a word again with the manager and get that exclusive level for us and it would be so much easier if everyone was in the same place to meet.
cheers jimbo.
p.s.
I am sure we can provide our own CD music for entertainment,
and of course the cocky rabble usually bring an instrument or two!!
GET THOSE GUITAR STRINGS SORTED MR CARTER.(PHIL) :laugh:
  • Page: