Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: B sides

B sides 12 years 3 months ago #3876

• Pandorah
Good afternoon all dear connected Souls I see here :)
I dont know how to start this thred ! ( another thred !) :unsure: maybe I've found the way though :unsure:
Anyway ! I was just thinking ! ( well actually ,I haven't stopped since the Birmingham Symphony Hall plans flooded my mind ) I'm so excited. :)

" Think I'd give all my hope's to be free! " sit in a million trials to be free ! "

Random ! ( Yes I know :blush: )

It's just running around in my head at the moment ! That B side, I know its Make me smiles B side, but none the less , its one of them songs that always fed a hunger in me whilst waiting for another release from The Man with a plan.

Big Big Deal was another, although thease tracks came after the first 2 Albums ( so are not really relavent to this thought )

The concept of the First 2 Albams being performed in this way is Magical , Such a dream ! ( now there's a thought ! :ohmy: ;) )

There's another one of them B sides ,I'd always put on after the Albums where finnished playing out ! ( both sides ) bit like afters! after the feast .

Rock and Roll Parade ,The B to sabastian, Spaced out the B Side to Judy Teen, ( loved tht one ) all where delightfull surprises, one off's.

Spaced Out has a line in it Quoting

" Oh I never wanna go back to where I've been , Theres a whole new world that I'm with in ! VIOLIN

I just Loved that intro for Crocker to step forward and take lead you astray , then PIANO! enter Ream-James

But when I come down ! Spaced out !

I do understand , that, that was then ,and now is now .
Just my imaginations running away with me :)

But I can Hear Barry and James in as much of the same light. maybe not in that Symphony Hall, but on some stage ,in some town , in some future plan . I can hear them.

Anyway !and the Thred is ? B sides ;) after dark , after eights !

OH and I hope to God that the 24th November Is Fully Recorded On DVD and on salefor all, if not for christmas 2013 , ( dont want much do we :-) ) or summer 2014 ! winter 2014 ? 2000 years from now . what will the History tell.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: B sides 12 years 3 months ago #3878

• Pandorah
show me all your colours how could I forget! Throw your soul down here .

Re:B sides 12 years 3 months ago #3881

• jollyroger
Your postings are always a great read, and this one doesn't disappoint. The lyric quotes are very stirring.

Re:B sides 12 years 3 months ago #3891

• cheri
Pandorah wrote:
Good afternoon all dear connected Souls I see here :)
I dont know how to start this thred ! ( another thred !) :unsure: maybe I've found the way though :unsure:
Anyway ! I was just thinking ! ( well actually ,I haven't stopped since the Birmingham Symphony Hall plans flooded my mind ) I'm so excited. :)

" Think I'd give all my hope's to be free! " sit in a million trials to be free ! "

Random ! ( Yes I know :blush: )

It's just running around in my head at the moment ! That B side, I know its Make me smiles B side, but none the less , its one of them songs that always fed a hunger in me whilst waiting for another release from The Man with a plan.

Big Big Deal was another, although thease tracks came after the first 2 Albums ( so are not really relavent to this thought )

The concept of the First 2 Albams being performed in this way is Magical , Such a dream ! ( now there's a thought ! :ohmy: ;) )

There's another one of them B sides ,I'd always put on after the Albums where finnished playing out ! ( both sides ) bit like afters! after the feast .

Rock and Roll Parade ,The B to sabastian, Spaced out the B Side to Judy Teen, ( loved tht one ) all where delightfull surprises, one off's.

Spaced Out has a line in it Quoting

" Oh I never wanna go back to where I've been , Theres a whole new world that I'm with in ! VIOLIN

I just Loved that intro for Crocker to step forward and take lead you astray , then PIANO! enter Ream-James

But when I come down ! Spaced out !

I do understand , that, that was then ,and now is now .
Just my imaginations running away with me :)

But I can Hear Barry and James in as much of the same light. maybe not in that Symphony Hall, but on some stage ,in some town , in some future plan . I can hear them.

Anyway !and the Thred is ? B sides ;) after dark , after eights !

OH and I hope to God that the 24th November Is Fully Recorded On DVD and on salefor all, if not for christmas 2013 , ( dont want much do we :-) ) or summer 2014 ! winter 2014 ? 2000 years from now . what will the History tell.
Hi, Deborah! :) I also hope that the concert is recorded as a DVD. We have way too few of them. I keep saying that we all love SEEING Steve sing his songs as much as we love LISTENING to them. :)

See you at Birmingham, God willing.
Cheri

Re:B sides 12 years 3 months ago #3908

• stewart g
rock n roll parade,spaced out,such a dream,bed in the corner,another journey,Sebastian,mad mad moonlight,throw your sould down here,lay me down,sidetrack2,Tumbling Down,waiting,riding the waves,one more time,I can be anyone,such is life,face to face etc.

Theres a great show in that lot!!
Birmingham 2018? :P :silly: ;)

Re:B sides 12 years 3 months ago #4122

• The Sparkie
  • If I should stay, I would only be in the way......
If there's no room for laughter there's no room for me

Try looking at you, rather than me

No truth is in here, it's all fantasy

Since the last time we met I've been through

About seven hundred changes and that's just a few

And the changes all tend to be something to do

But you've got to believe that they're all done for you......

:(
  • Page: