Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Songs for Butlins

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3743

• paulno1
You are right,nobody is interested in your stupid postings.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3744

• Mr Raffles
To be fair to Suzanne she has posted a few times and people have reacted in a rather negative way. It's Steve's choice to play at Butlins and many Harley fans on this board agree with his decision.Why then are they acting in a rather 'superior' manner? There is a selection of Cockney Rebel music that most people will know. For example Judy TEEN(not Queen..!!) Mr.Soft,Here Comes The Sun,Mr.Raffles and of course Make Me Smile. A lot of his music is quite dark and surreal,leaning more towards Roxy Music than Mud,Alvin Stardust etc. That said i'm sure that there's enough suitable material for such an occasion. If you are going please give us an honest opinion of what you thought about it.It's sometimes nicer to hear enthusiasm from 'non fans' than cynics like me who have followed Cockney Rebel since the very beginning!

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3745

• paulno1
Do us a favour and go and bullshit Alvin and the Chipmunks and Brotherhood of Knobheads up,who of which you are a leading light.

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3746

• andyfearon
Can I please remind everyone of the rules of this forum:

www.steveharley.com/forum/rules.html

In particular:

Always treat other Users with respect.

Do not insult or attack other members.

It would be preferable if you could be welcoming to new members, and explain in a civil manner your point of view without resorting to insults.

I'd hate to think that new fans could be put off coming to see a live performance through fear that old fans are unwelcoming and elitist.

You only have to read Cheri's story to know that nothing could be further from the truth:

www.steveharley.com/gigreports/372-by-ch...from-california.html

Andy
Webmaster

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3747

• andyfearon
Threads merged.

Re:Songs for Butlins 12 years 3 months ago #3750

• Crawsnest
Suzanne... As alazarin said, there is a wealth of songs on youtube by Steve and Cockney Rebel that would help you to understand their music. Personally, I hope you will go and listen to some as I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

I also hope that you will not take any notice of the nasty and negative posts by some members of the forum who appear to have their heads too far up their own backsides to even be civil. This is not truly representative of Steve Harley fans. On the whole we are decent human beings with a shared love of Steve's music and lyrics.

All the best
:)