Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: live cd

Re:live cd 12 years 3 months ago #3710

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
jollyroger wrote:
Steve: if you ever read these posts, may I suggest, with all respect, a double CD, one of Acoustic set and one of the rock band, maybe at Indigo2 which we've read was recorded, and which was a special, memorable night for us (and you?).

I am still hoping for the Harrogate one that was mentioned a bit back.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:live cd 12 years 3 months ago #3714

• Mr Raffles
The Harrogate gig i assumed was the one Steve has had recorded and the one due for a CD release. It would surely have to be a double package at least to fit the whole concert on. The plan was to release this (Rachel asked for suggestions for a name for it.....'we've got the feeling' was my suggestion) On top of this the Rochester Acoustic concert was also recorded with plans for a release. What would be nice to hear from Rachel or Steve is whether or not the planned release of one or more of the Live Cd's is still going ahead and when roughly can we expect to see them? Of course i appreciate that even Steve needs some time away from touring or being in a studio but it would be disappointing if these recordings of some of the best Cockney Rebel concerts ever don't make it onto CD and the whole project just gets forgotten about. An update would be welcome.

Re:live cd 12 years 3 months ago #3716

• Paul Friett
Loved Rochester but wondered whether the low numbers and relatively timid singalong elements might affect the prospect of release.
What frustrated me was the number of people who told me they'd have come if they'd known / remembered, including someone who had actually been in Rochester that day and did nothing else that evening!

Re:live cd 12 years 3 months ago #3721

• Mr Raffles
Just to say i'd rather see the Full Band Live CD released and given priority. We've already had several live acoustic CD's over the last few years and i believe it's time to highlight and give credit to the current Cockney Rebel line-up which has been going for quite a while now. Ten years...??? It would also mean that classic Rebel songs such as Ritz/Cavaliers/Hideaway/Muriel The Actor etc would feature for the first time ever on an official Live Album. If we do get both of them then great but i sincerely hope that the proposed Full Band Live Cd becomes a reality. Just a word for EssexSillyBillyBoy...like many other long term followers of Steve and the band i didn't really support the idea of him performing at Butlins.That said Stewart Griffin gave a good and considered argument as to the benifits of playing there to a totally new audience.I hope it go's well and people enjoy every aspect of Cockney Rebel and not just the obvious hit singles. As for Rachel, i'd be happy to hear from her so we can get some idea on the timeline for the release of what should be the best Live Cockney Rebel Album ever!!

Re:live cd 12 years 3 months ago #3723

• cheri
I'm waiting for the live CD, too! I'm going to buy three of them and give two away as gifts. Hope it's the full band version, or possibly two CDs: one full band and one acoustic. Steve said at the Indigo O2 that he plays certain songs with his acoustic line-up and certain songs with the full band. Would be great to have all of them in one place. :)

Cheri
  • Page: