Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: STEVE'S OPINION

STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3639

• cockneyrebel1
B) There seems to be alot of sharing of opinions....positive and otherwise....between fans about Steve playing Butlins in February.
I wonder if Steve would share his reasons for playing this gig, which is certainly an unusual choice for him, and his opinion f the fan's opinions? Maybe in a diary piece? Or via Rachael, on this forum?
I would be really interested to hear what Steve himself had to say! B)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3641

• mike o
I personnally can't see what the problem as to where steve plays. Why should he have to come out & justify the reasons as to where he plays? I've no doubt that some thought has gone into playing Butlins as well as any other place. It gives the opportunity to play to a new audiance who would not otherwise go to a SH concert, & not preaching to the converted. We could all do with boosting our pension fund ;)

Re:STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3642

• cockneyrebel1
B) :S B) Mike O, I personally agree with you: My opinion if that Steve does not have to justify his choice of venue to anyone I am also of the opinion that Steve Harley is no fool and will have given considered thought to any gig he agrees to participate in, Butlins, Birmingham Symphony Hall or anything in between.
However, viewing a well known Harley Tribute Site will soon let you know that there are plently of fans who feel very strongly otherwise.
I am simply interested to know Steve's opinion of this heated argument.
Here's hoping......

Re:STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3648

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Steve is an artist who needs to make a living, just like the rest of us.
Where, when and what he decides to play is his business, the fans have a choice, to buy tickets or not.

There seem to be a lot of people who think that because they buy tickets, albums and stuff, it entitles them to more than a gig or a CD, wanting to choose the setlist or an entitlement to meet Steve anytime they please.
It doesn't.

This isn't just about Steve, I've seen the same criticisms of other performers on other fan sites.

If we look at the positive, we are getting a 'dream come true' night in November, for Steve and many of us fans old and new.

Let's celebrate that, eh ?

Re:STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3652

• Cocnerebel
""However, viewing a well known Harley Tribute Site will soon let you know that there are plently of fans who feel very strongly otherwise""

Absolute tosh!!

I have read the postings on the site to which you refer and there are NOT plenty of fans who think otherwise. Maybe two or three ..... the others all think it is a good idea.

Including me!!!!

Re:STEVE'S OPINION 12 years 3 months ago #3662

• zafod
cockneyrebel1 wrote:
B) ... I wonder if Steve would share his reasons for playing this gig... I would be really interested to hear what Steve himself had to say! B)

I don't see any reason at all why Steve would feel the need to share his reasons for playing that gig. It really shouldn't matter to anyone what his reasons are - he is entitled to chose to play anywhere he wants.

I don't get why some people (fans?) think that a certain venue is any better/worse than another. I go to Steves concerts to hear his music - live. It doesn't matter to me whether it's The Royal Albert Hall or Clacton Working Mens Club.

In my opinion, some people should just get a life (but that's just MY opinion).
  • Page: