Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3588

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Well said jollyroger, I recall seeing Steve at the Southbank studio's London for Bradley Walsh's show. Two songs and away with the mixer! [don't ask]. I do recall Bradley calling Steve 'The Guv'nor' after he'd held us in his palm yet again. The gospel choir were an added joy. I guess i've gone off on a tangent again but the gist of it is, you get to any gig Steve chooses to do if, you have the money, the geography is possible, your job allows it, and in my case my wife says so!! x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3589

• cockneyr3bel
well said that man,there have been various opinions about this,and this one is spot on .i have been to a 70's weekend about 20 years ago,and a great time was had by all.ive seen steve in a nightclub,leisure center,theater,open air concert,dont care where i see him,so long as i get to see him,anywhere.
we all like different things, and what is 'dross'to some,other people like,and vice versa,would be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3590

• Ray Smith
Seems to me you have either a few "newbies" here or some "non de plumes" as Peter JH's site has.

Which is best?

I'll let you decide :-)

Good to have opinions and feedback tho eh?

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3594

• Mr Raffles
Most of you seem to support the idea of the Butlins weekend.As Ray says we all have our own opinions which suggests we don't always agree with each other. I'm not one for 'dressing up' to have fun.Does that make me boring?Is there also a danger that maybe Steve's music doesn't quite fit into the sing-along,clap a long style of music that the 70's 'glam-fans' are expecting? Would songs like Sebastian/Ritz/Cavaliers really be the sort of music a high-octane group of over 50's are looking for? I'll be interested to see the set-list for that night.Keep it light weight i suppose.If nothing else it's something completely new for Steve and the band and i don't really see it doing any harm. Because of this venture would that stop me from seeing the first two albums performed live with a choir and orchestra this November....??? I guess not!!! Hi De Hi.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3595

• psychomenagerie
if not for work commitments I'd go, its Steve & the band, & any chance I can get I'd go & see them, unfortunately the same work commitments that will prevent me seeing this show will also prevent me from going to Brum in November, absolutely gutted about that, but hopefully there might be a DVD of that one, hint,hint!

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3601

• suzanne
I don't understand why any of Steve's fans wouldn't go. It is going to be really excellent. Brotherhod of Man usually top the bill on the last night- and the place goes absolutely crazy when they come on. They do everything- and usually mess about with the lyrics as well- so everybody has a real laugh. They do a verse of "Save All Your Kippers for Tea" instead of "Save All Your Kisses For Me".It's really quite funny when they do that kind of thing of course. I am trying to find a website for them on the web, like the one you have here, but I can't. Does anyone know of websites for other artists appearing there? I got on Les McKeowns (www.lesmckeown.com/fr_home.cfm) and Alvin Stardusts (alvinstardust.com), but can't seem to find the others. We could get some links organised so the artists fans can get to know about each of the performers. Can anybody help?