Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3605

• DaveE
No one here seems to be snobbish about it, not sure about other sites, but of course he should go. Despite the reputation, Butlins has always had good, class acts over the years.
My brother used to work for Butlins many years ago, and I'd manage to watch the acts occasionally.
I expect it will be great fun, and may remind people he's still playing great music.
Cheers all - back to lurking :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3606

• suzanne
Nobody needs to be snobbish, what is there to be snobbish about anyhows? It will be brilliant.

PS What are Steve's other hits except from Make Me Smile? What is a good LP to buy so we can know all the words for Bognor?

Love Suzanne- see you there!!!!!

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 4 months ago #3607

• Nelson Muntz
  • It Wasn't Me.....!
suzanne wrote:
PS What are Steve's other hits except from Make Me Smile? What is a good LP to buy so we can know all the words for Bognor?

Love Suzanne- see you there!!!!!
The Anthology would be a good place to start.

The only one I can find is here.

The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sent
Fell in love with Judy Teen, bought Psychomodo, saw first concert 1978 Hammersmith, got everything since.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the questi 12 years 3 months ago #3622

• Frmerrin
It is not that I wouldn't go to Bognor or any venue to hear the Voice and listen to the great songs its just that Steve was quite clear at the Indigo2.... No concerts until Birmingham and 1000 tickets for that show will be available within a week on the website.

I don't care about Bognor.

What happened about the tickets?? For all true Harley Fans this is going to be a fantastic night. I don't want to think I might lose out on getting tickets to people who are asking elsewhere on this site where they might find out what other hits he has had so they can buy a CD and sing along at Bognor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndon.

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 3 months ago #3626

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Lyndon. You may have misinterpreted Steve's words, and we realise that that is quite understandable: it is a little ambiguous. But here's the deal: NO SH & CR CONCERTS WILL BE PERFORMED IN THE UK before (maybe not even after) Birmingham, November 24th.
This does not mean Steve can't play festivals, as these are not SH & CR concerts, but events featuring many other acts where Steve plays only one hour or so. The Bognor event is just that, a weekend festival where Steve will play a one-hour set. It is not a headline Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel concert.
There may even be some 3-man acoustic shows promoted, we don't know yet.
Tickets for Birmingham.....Steve did not say "within a week", nor did he mention 1,000 - the hall has 2,000 seats, and ALL tickets will go on sale at the same time. I have kept this website up-to-date as best I can, but to repeat, we are waiting for contrcats to be exchanged before tickets can be offered. Just keep checking here, and we will give 48 hours notice, so if you check in late, maybe a friend can text you, or email you. Keep in touch here and you will not miss out. Hope this helps clarify for everyone.
RACHEL

Re:To Bognor or not to Bognor...that is the question 12 years 3 months ago #3630

• andyfearon
Hi All,

As soon as Rachel sends me the information about the Birmingham tickets, I will post it on the homepage of the website.

I will also send out an email to everyone who has signed up for email alerts.

Please note that signing up for email alerts is not the same as registering on the site to use the Forum, Guestbook and add comments.

So if you really want to get the very latest, most up-to-date information then sign up here:

www.steveharley.com/component/content/ar.../130-signupform.html

and an email will appear in your inbox within minutes of the announcement.

You don't have to rely on friends, you can be amongst the very first to receive the information.

Andy