Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glasgow Dec 13th..

Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3341

• Crawsnest
Hi everyone... :) Just signed up to the forum and thought I would say a hello...

My first Cockney Rebel gig was waaay back in the 70s when I saw them perform at Crystal Palace park... Thinking that only the first 2 albums had been released at that time and the band were playing death trip etc..

Also remember the performance at Reading festival when they stole the show and the crowd kept on singing 'tumbling down' for ages and ages resulting in John Peel trying to drown us out by putting on a status quo tune... Result was the whole crowd chanting about how john peel was a 'obscenity'... :ohmy:

Most recently I saw the 3-man show at Glenrothes which was brilliant even with a rather subdued audience...

And so to Tuesday... Sooooo looking forward to the gig... Me and Liz travelling down from Dundee and staying overnight (so I can have a beer.. :woohoo: ). So any tips on a friendly wateringhole close to the gig would be much appreciated... :)

Hope to meet some of you there.... B)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3351

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
the byres road area of glasgow has many pubs, wine bars, and restaurants....and loads of lovey dovey yuppie types...lol
enjoy. :cheer:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3355

• Crawsnest
Ta muckle... :)

Re:Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3373

• Shuggie
Just back home from the gig, Steve and co were wonderful, the venue not so, but the music made up for it.Great sing-a-long audience as usual, and an invite from SH to join him in Birmingham with the orchestra and choir to hear Human Menagerie and Pyschomodo as never before, who can resist?

Rooms are booked,I feel like a kid all over again,345 sleeps to go.......lol

Hope to see you all there

Shuggie

Re:Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3375

• Lynny G
HeyShuggie you were quick.just back from the gig too.I remember them well from the 70's. Just seen them live for the first time, Me and the Mrs both loved it and will be in B/gham too. Great show pity about the rude gits that kept talking while Steve was.

D

Re:Glasgow Dec 13th.. 12 years 5 months ago #3376

• Allan
are the birmingham tickets on sale yet ? I thot the Oran mor was pretty good as a venue. Accoustics were pretty sharp.