Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A follow up to Birmingham ?

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11439

• stewart g
Was playing the Birmingham CD over the weekend and it all came back.The memories of a fantastic weekend with the wonderful concert at The Symphony Hall.The CD is a brilliant recording of a special part of the Rebel story.And it got me thinking...The Best Years tour was just as good but for different reasons and spread over more shows.Just a fan talking but it would be great to have a CD release of one of the shows!
I'm obviously biased but the Liverpool show was stunning and in view of Cockney Rebel's history in that fine City,The Monalisa Twins connection and the mythology surrounding the Liverpool Empire show in 1975..I believe Liverpool. would be a great title following on from Birmingham and keeping a little tradition going.
So how about it Steve/Comeuppance,Birmingham set the trend any chance of a Best Years Live CD to keep things going?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11440

• Mr Raffles
Sounds like a great idea Stewart. Would love to see a CD release of one of the shows from the last tour and the Liverpool concert sounded like a good one. Realistically it's not going to top the album charts and be a best seller but it would definitely satisfy all of Steve's fans.

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11441

• DaveM
A CD would be fantastic, as would a DVD, I remember a DVD being talked about on here during the BYOOL tour, does anyone know if any of the shows were recorded to film.

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11442

• Graeme
Great shout Stew. Liverpool was a fantastic gig and it would be great to have a CD available in order for those who were there, and for those who unfortunately weren't, to re live the experience and enjoy it over and over again. After the 'Human Menagerie/Psychomodo' live cd it would be nice to have same for 'The Best Years...' and ditto for the possible future 'Timeless Flight' tour.

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11445

• richardgwyther
This would be really great. I saw the BYOOL concerts at Salisbury & Birmingham, which were up there with the best. It is always in my mind that all concerts maybe recorded one way or another & to hear this again live one can only dream/hope.
I expect it might be costly to do but some acts are recorded & available on cd straight after the concert e.g. I saw Squeeze in Bristol last year, bought the concert cd & got it signed by the band, all within 15 minutes of the show finishing.
The memory of attending a concert is instant & unique, especially SH & CR & as Steve says "never the same twice". So maybe this could be something for Timeless Flight & Prima Donna concerts?

A follow up to Birmingham ? 8 years 3 months ago #11446

• Charmpri
richardgwyther wrote:
This would be really great. I saw the BYOOL concerts at Salisbury & Birmingham, which were up there with the best. It is always in my mind that all concerts maybe recorded one way or another & to hear this again live one can only dream/hope.
I expect it might be costly to do but some acts are recorded & available on cd straight after the concert e.g. I saw Squeeze in Bristol last year, bought the concert cd & got it signed by the band, all within 15 minutes of the show finishing.
The memory of attending a concert is instant & unique, especially SH & CR & as Steve says "never the same twice". So maybe this could be something for Timeless Flight & Prima Donna concerts?

Good shout Richard. A few years ago I went to an Alice Cooper gig at Hammersmith Odeon where you bought a data stick before the gig. When you got home you logged on to a PC and entered a code that downloaded the gig plus photos of the gig.
I know what faith is and what it's worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , COVENTRY DAVE