Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Set list

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #10973

• cockneyr3bel
Does anyone have a set list for first half of BYOOL .
Thank in advance
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #10976

• Mr Raffles
Here Comes the Sun/All Men are Hungry/All in a Life's Work/Love's a Prima Donna/Nothing is Sacred/Ordinary People/Friend For Life/Love Compared to You/Riding the Waves/Sebastian. May not be the exact running order but this selection of songs chosen by the fans made up the first half of the show. Personally speaking I thought many of the songs were ones that Steve already plays on a regular basis at most of his shows. Wasn't the idea all about digging out the slightly more obscure album tracks/b-sides etc?? The complete live performance of BYOOL more than made up for the predictable first half of the evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , cockneyr3bel

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #10978

• jollyroger
Mr Raffles, with respect, what you hear at concerts might not be what the rest of us hear - for example, I'd never heard a Live "All In A Life's Work" and it was a memorable version, Steve singing like a soul-singer and Lisa Wagner ripping off a quite stunning electric guitar solo and accompaniment. "Love's Prima Donna"? Hardly ever played at shows I've seen in the last ten years. Perhaps fans entered the poll to vote for the ones they wanted to hear - and many of those would have been old and firm Live Favourites, of course. The first set was not predictable, just slightly familiar but all executed brilliantly and soulfully. Personally, the first set went by in a bit of a reverie, song after song hitting the spot.

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #10979

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Mr Raffles wrote:
Here Comes the Sun/All Men are Hungry/All in a Life's Work/Love's a Prima Donna/Nothing is Sacred/Ordinary People/Friend For Life/Love Compared to You/Riding the Waves/Sebastian. May not be the exact running order but this selection of songs chosen by the fans made up the first half of the show. Personally speaking I thought many of the songs were ones that Steve already plays on a regular basis at most of his shows. Wasn't the idea all about digging out the slightly more obscure album tracks/b-sides etc?? The complete live performance of BYOOL more than made up for the predictable first half of the evening.

We were treated to a welcome airing of "Another Journey" at Tunbridge Wells. It's my favourite b-side. I thought the tour was, over all, a triumph.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #11040

• Michael Carraway
Mr Raffles missed two concerts I was at, where Throw Your Soul Down Here was played - second set. And "Another Journey", MMS b-side at both. The delivery by Steve and Lisa specially on All In Lifes Work was beyond historic, sending shivers through me and those I was with. Never been so moved by any concert as these two.

Set list 8 years 5 months ago #11043

• Mr Raffles
Got to hear Another Journey during the second half of the set but not Throw Your Soul Down Here which may re-appear if Steve does the complete Timeless Flight album live. I would still regard songs like Here Comes the Sun, Friend For Life, Riding The Waves, Sebastian as set list regulars. If you look at the 'official' live DVD/CD releases that have appeared over the years all these songs have been there (IOW a few years ago for example) Nothing is Sacred, All in a Life's Work (Acoustic and Pure 2002) Love's a Prima Donna has been on a couple of Live Albums and Love Compared to You at least one, plus numerous postings on Youtube. Don't get me wrong I still quite enjoyed the first half of the show but not one song was a REAL surprise which can only be down to the way the fans voted. No criticism of Steve here but could have done with Innocence and Guilt, Living in a Rhapsody, Don't Go Don't Cry, Young Hearts, Faith Hope and Charity. Maybe in the future if Steve continues to play all of his albums live. Would agree with all of you thou that this last tour was one of the best he's done. The Mona Lisa Twins really added something to the live performances and the sound of the guitar seemed more prominent this tour with Jim Cregan in the band. If this same group of brilliant musicians get back together next year to perform Timeless Flight and Love's a Prima Donna i'll be a happy bunny once more!!
  • Page: