Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tunbridge Wells Tonight.

Tunbridge Wells Tonight. 8 years 5 months ago #10903

• Derek
First moment I’ve had to add to the forum since Thursday but still buzzing from such a great night.
It was unbelievably five years ago that we saw Steve perform in Aschaffenburg and he was gracious enough to have a chat with us then so it was another great surprise for my mate Simon to meet up with Steve again on Thursday night for a quick chat and catch up, especially as Simon had come over from Switzerland once again just for the show. He’s such a nice genuine type of guy and Steve, you’re not so bad yourself mate! Thanks so much for the opportunity. Also really nice to see Duncan, Jim and Stuart back together on stage, that really did take us back and ignoring the high blood pressure and high cholesterol I was 18 again for a few hours! What a great line up we experienced, such talented musicians reproducing song after song so well. Lovely moments when Mona and Lisa approached the front of the stage, such beauty and eloquence should not be hidden away. Sorry guys, they did steal the show as far as beauty goes! Yes I did miss some of the old favourites but hearing some of the more obscure album tracks was also a real treat. I had a look around me during ‘The Best Years Of Our Lives’ and was so pleased to see the entire hall on their feet singing away. What a tribute that after all these years Steve can still get us all up on our feet, although I think we are all a little bit slower getting up these days? I left the venue with a smile and a rather hoarse voice so was more than content. I did miss the old rendition of Tumbling Down to finish the night but was very amused on the way out to hear someone behind me singing “Oh Dear, I Need To Get To The Loos, Loos, Loos”…..A sign of our age I think?!
Thanks again for a great night……..P.S. When's the Timeless Flight Tour?
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: