Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Baths Hall Scunthorpe

Baths Hall Scunthorpe 8 years 5 months ago #10859

• BowRose20
I travelled down from County Durham to see Steve Harley and the BYOOL tour at Scunthorpe Baths Hall and he was amazing! Anybody yet to see him is in for a real treat. I saw him at Manchester on the first night of the tour also but as he said Scunthorpe was a "special night". His voice was fantastic, breaking into his unusual pronunciation on the BYOOL album and his craic with both the audience and the band was very funny. Loved the chemistry between Steve, Barry and Jim, it was great to see. The tribute to George Ford was heart warming and funny, Steve was really in his element. It was nice to hear of the BYOOL stories; the powdered milk in George's room, the drunk EMI guy Bob and Steve rolling into Abbey road studios at midday. I am 21 and a big fan so I really enjoyed the tales of a time when I wasn't around to see him and the originals (unfortunately!) and I loved every moment of all of Steve's songs, old and new. He is a truly talented man as are Jim, Stuart, Duncan and Barry and I want to say thank you for the plectrum, I was in row D and it was harder for him to get it to me but I got it in the end. It is a prized possession and I send my deep thanks.
Please login/register to post on the forum.