Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help!

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10697

• cheri
Hi, guys, I'm having a bit of trouble here ordering Steve's new song. I downloaded iTunes, created an ID (they don't make it easy, do they?), and pressed "buy song." I don't see anything downloading, nothing in my playlist, nothing "new." And, now that I am on the Forum, I can't even find my old thread!! :( I am dying to hear the song.

I'm a little embarrassed that it has taken me until today to get to it, I've been having a slew of health problems. Have been having many tests and procedures, including an ultrasound and CT scan and am scheduled to have surgery on October 27th. Last month and this month have been full of doctor and dentist appointments. It's a little overwhelming.

I really wanted to hear Steve's song today to cheer me up. Can anyone tell me why you think the download is not working? And how the heck do I find my old thread? I see the Forum has undergone some significant changes, but I'm trying searches on my name, the name of my old thread, etc., and I can't find it. Help anyone?

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10704

• Michael Carraway
Cheri, fret no longer. The new single is on the PRESS TO PLAT section on the Home Page, top right.
You can't download from there but at least you can hear this beautiful and meaningful new song. We love it

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10705

• cheri
Well, that's good news, Michael, but after going through all I had to go through to get iTunes on my Windows computer, and after creating an ID with Apple that made me jump through hoops, I really want to be able to download the song. No idea why it's not working. I will go to the Home Page immediately after reading the rest of the posts on the Forum. I think I am the LAST person who has not heard this song yet and the MOST anticipatory. :)

Cheri

P.S. Any idea why I can't find my old thread "New to Steve Harley?"

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10707

• cheri
Thanks to Michael Carraway, I finally heard "Ordinary People" on the Home Page. VERY Beatlesque! Say, from the Sgt. Pepper era? I love the anthem-like quality of the song and I love how Steve speaks to the common man and, thus, everyone in this song. Seems like a song that needs to be played over and over. Now, if I could only get iTunes to work. They better not have charged me for my download because I never got it. Hope all of you are doing great. Steve, wish I could hear you play this November, but I'm going to be recovering from surgery. I could use your healing music. Much love to you. :)

Cheri

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10710

• MirrorFreak52
Checked home page in attempt to hear new song, but it states there appears to be a problem with the player. Will try again later.

Help! 8 years 7 months ago #10711

• andyfearon
The music player on the homepage uses the 'Flash' plugin.

If you see that message, you're either viewing the site with an Apple device (which do not allow the Flash plugin) or you haven't got the Flash plugin installed on your web browser.

If you're not using an Apple device (iPad, iPhone or Ipod Touch) you can download the Flash plugin here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

An Apple compatible player is coming soon.

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52
  • Page: