Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Byool Cover

Byool Cover 8 years 6 months ago #10695

• GedKen
I came across this wonderful treat today. :) :) :)

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Byool Cover 8 years 6 months ago #10696

• Mr Raffles
A good song, talent and a set of steps is all you need!! Great cover .... almost as good as the original. Almost!!

Byool Cover 8 years 6 months ago #10698

• cheri
I saw this on Facebook and I've replied that I like the MonaLisa Twins a lot. They are great on Beatles songs, The Hollies, The Beach Boys, even Chuck Berry, and of course their own original songs. And I'm sure that there are many song they sing that I've never heard that are great. But I have to say that honestly I don't think I've ever heard anyone do ANY cover of one of Steve's songs that is better than the way he does it himself. Not even Rod Stewart. I know a lot of you are going to disagree with me, but on this version there is no Barry's violin singing straight into our hearts and there are not the particular inflections that Steve puts into his lyrics. This is just my opinion, but it's how I feel. Steve does his songs like no other. It's what caught my attention in the beginning and continues to do today. There simply isn't anyone like him, he's an original and his music is amazing. :)

Cheri

Byool Cover 8 years 6 months ago #10700

• deemac
Totally agree Cheri there is something very special about Mr H and the wonderful guitar and violin ....... I could go on.
Dorothy

Byool Cover 8 years 6 months ago #10703

• Michael Carraway
But the point is that Steve will love other artists covering his songs. It must a songwriters best feeling. I like the Twins version - great harmonica playing, nice guitar and two young people who clearly have deep respect for an Old Master. More please girls.