Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rochester cancelled

Rochester cancelled 8 years 9 months ago #10509

• zafod
Sadly the Rochester gig was cancelled at the last minute. Rick from Quo is ill
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Rochester cancelled 8 years 9 months ago #10511

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve arrived back home at 8.30 and was very sad the concert didn't happen. But his first thoughts are with Rick Parfitt.
Rick fell ill and Status Quo cancelled. The bill has been re-scheduled for July next year. Rachel

Re:Rochester cancelled 8 years 9 months ago #10512

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I was so excited going to Rochester yesterday. We parked a couple of miles away at an aunt's house (she lives near the airport) and walked down with our picnic blanket and picnic. As we arrived in Rochester I noticed that there was a very dull atmosphere which was strange: people, like us, with cool-boxes and collapsable chairs, heads down, wandering around in a kind of dazed confusion. It wasn't until we got to the box office to get our tickets that we were told it was cancelled. In true Dunkirk spirit some of us unrolled our blankets and had our picnics in the dried up moat of the castle anyway. A lot were saying that they were disappointed that Cockney Rebel couldn't have just played the whole set. I for one would have been very happy with that. Not sure I'll re-book for next year unless it's absolutely definite that Steve will share the bill with Quo.
Hope it's nothing that a few Immodium won't put right........
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.