Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White

Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8934

• stewart g
It appears that every issue of Supersonic has now been found apart from the show featuring Black Or White. :(
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8935

• joanna
:woohoo: Im enjoying the Black or White track on the Birmingham cd. :)

Id not appreciated all the SAX going on at the end of that particular track previously ... loving it all again.

I fear I may have thinned the cd on that particular area on the way into work yesterday.

Im taken aback sometimes by how wonderful music can be when heard and then interpreted in so many ways even to the same ear after years later of listening.

Just magical and so important to so many. It really is.

THANK YOU to all the music makers out there..

Thank you to Mr Steve Harley again? .................. Yeah I think so X
Smile x

Re: Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8936

• GedKen
One day maybe, it will surface.

In the meantime here is a nice recording of Prima Donna. I seem to remember a TV advert for the Prima Donna album.... not sure though.

Re:Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8937

• Mr Raffles
Would like to see the Supersonic appearance again.Shame it seems to be on the only show that got lost or wiped. As I remember Steve was dressed completely in white and looking much as he did on the TopPop performance from Dutch TV. Did the video Promo ever get broadcast on UK TV?? Part of it appears on Roualt's channel.Wouldn't mind seeing all of it one day.

Re:Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8938

• stewart g
Yes I agree Joanna, Black Or White really was special at Birmingham :) and Mr Raffles I dont think the promo video was ever shown on UK tv? thanks to Roualt we have the part of it now available hopefully one day he will give us more! I wonder if Roualt has the promo video to Freedoms Prisoñer as shown on Swop Shop in 79? And GedKen I too remember the TV advert for the lp Primadonna.From memory Steve was sat in front of a number of front covers of the album as he talked briefly about the album.Theres one for Roualt to dig out hopefully!! :)

Re:Supersonic 13/11/75 Black Or White 10 years 2 months ago #8939

• GedKen
Thanks for the info. Stewart.

Googling about I believe Supersonic recordings from 75-76 were repackaged for a 1978 USA TV series called 'Twiggy's Jukebox' (with Twiggy simply supplying a voiceover link between videos). It is a bit of a punt, but Supersonic's Black or White might still exist in recordings of that show?
  • Page: