Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: rain in venice 1991 youtube

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8947

• Tglyn
Would love to share our family chat about Steve that we posted on FB very recently...very Palmer family though...
Sally my daughter…Wow !
Showing my age now, but I believe this is from the first gig I ever went to ? With a coach load of family, Hammersmth Odeon, 1975 ? I have to be honest though, all I remember on that occasion was all the green lighting !
Andy Palmer Didn't we go to Wembley Pool?
Sally Pugh I was too much of a little kid to remember x
Andy Palmer I think we went to the Hammersmith Odeon some years later. I vaguely remember us going back to the Marble Arch Holiday Inn with Steve, and meeting Rod Stewart who had also gone to Steve's concert.
Sally Pugh I think this was earlier than that occasion ?
Andy Palmer Yes. The video looks earlier than our trip to Hammersmith Odeon. It looks more like the Wembley Pool gig to me. Hard to believe we all went, including Auntie Gertie and Nan (complete with earplugs)!
Jackie Palmer Yes it was a full house at Wembley Pool. We all left by coach wearing our long dresses from Auntie Joyce's. We borrowed a bowler hat from Robert Hudson. Who wore it on the night a cannot remember. Hammersmith came later. X
Sally Pugh So, I was less than 7 then when I went to my first ever gig ?
Jackie Palmer Yes, I can still see you in your long skirt. No jeans that night!! How things have changed. X
Sally Pugh Yeah, cruelty against children is no longer tolerated !! xxx
Tony Palmer A great actor as you can see while he is singing...wow
Great family memories....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8948

• stewart g
Thanks for the kind words Tony and for sharing with us all your personal family memories... :)

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8965

• cheri
Tglyn wrote:
Would love to share our family chat about Steve that we posted on FB very recently...very Palmer family though...
Sally my daughter…Wow !
Showing my age now, but I believe this is from the first gig I ever went to ? With a coach load of family, Hammersmth Odeon, 1975 ? I have to be honest though, all I remember on that occasion was all the green lighting !
Andy Palmer Didn't we go to Wembley Pool?
Sally Pugh I was too much of a little kid to remember x
Andy Palmer I think we went to the Hammersmith Odeon some years later. I vaguely remember us going back to the Marble Arch Holiday Inn with Steve, and meeting Rod Stewart who had also gone to Steve's concert.
Sally Pugh I think this was earlier than that occasion ?
Andy Palmer Yes. The video looks earlier than our trip to Hammersmith Odeon. It looks more like the Wembley Pool gig to me. Hard to believe we all went, including Auntie Gertie and Nan (complete with earplugs)!
Jackie Palmer Yes it was a full house at Wembley Pool. We all left by coach wearing our long dresses from Auntie Joyce's. We borrowed a bowler hat from Robert Hudson. Who wore it on the night a cannot remember. Hammersmith came later. X
Sally Pugh So, I was less than 7 then when I went to my first ever gig ?
Jackie Palmer Yes, I can still see you in your long skirt. No jeans that night!! How things have changed. X
Sally Pugh Yeah, cruelty against children is no longer tolerated !! xxx
Tony Palmer A great actor as you can see while he is singing...wow
Great family memories....
Love the quotes from your family. I met you briefly at the recent Bilston concert, do you remember? Steve has a very nice family. :)

Cheri

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8969

• Tglyn
Just as it happened Cheri...We were all picked up from Stephens home in Fairlawn Mansions in New Cross, the coach was packed with family and we were singing our hearts out all the way there..and back after the big meet up after the show. He is the nicest guy you could meet...anytime :) Tony

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8970

• Tglyn
Yes sorry Cheri we did meet and chat briefly at Bilston, I love that gig location, very personal...Tony.