Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7523

• stewart g
Aj,just read through your article again...I not sure that Sebastian was re-recorded for this release? Think that may have been for Ballerina Primadonna? Also Steve did appear on European Tv singing Irresistible when it was released and he also sang Make Me Smile on the same show.
A bit more info for your crammed packed articles..
Thanks for all the great info..... :)
keep em coming... :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7525

• ajsmith
Thanks Stewart - will update now. Do you know if it was the original or re-recorded '86 version that had a music video/was performed on European TV?

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7528

• stewart g
AJ...Such Is Life Was released on the double LP The Collection in 1988 on Castle Communications.There is a copy for sale on Ebay at the moment from an American seller.
The Ballerina 12" re-recorded version of Sebastian is different than the irresistible release.
I think the version on the 12" of irresistible was recorded in 1973 ie an original recording.
Will try to get back to you with the date of the video for Irresistible shortly...

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7529

• stewart g
AJ,it was a long time ago in the very distant past,but I would say The Promo Video and the TV shows were in 1985.
I remember the video made by Rak for the single was shown on MTV's new releases programme called Music Box.
Time for a new compilation?....there was some good stuff in the 1980's :)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7530

• ajsmith
Thanks Stewart - I'll update the information now - there seems to be a lot of music videos unavailable to see out there :cheer: I nice compilation of all the rarities etc is long overdue.

Edit: Just noticed Irresistable is on The Collection release too - does anybody know if that's the original version or the 1986 one?

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7531

• ajsmith
New article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_Like_Thunder

Not a huge amount of information out there on this underrated track.