& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9371

• joanna
Many thanks Aj :)
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9377

• stewart g
Thanks AJ for Mr Soft! as always a goldmine of information and some great nuggets in there! :) A little bit of extra info for ya...On the first Top Of The Pops appearance of Mr Soft the line up was Harley,Elliott,Cregan, Herbie Flowers and BA Roberton.Next time on TOTP featured the Reading FEstival line up of Harley,Elliott,Cregan,with George Ford replacing Flowers on Bass and Francis Monkman replacing BA Roberton on Keyboards.Mr Raffles I'm sure can help with the dates :)
Thanks for all the great articles which I'm certain we all appreciate! :)

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9378

• Mr Raffles
Actually Stewart it was the 15th August 74 'Osmonds Special' filmed at the Shepherds Bush Empire that had the Ford/Monkman line-up. The following week's TOTP's 22nd August 74 BA Robertson and Herbie Flowers replaced them only to be replaced themselves at the Reading Festival by the original Ford/Monkman combination. Maybe Steve himself has memories of how and why the Herbie Flowers and BA Robertson 'combo' was brought into the mix?

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9379

• stewart g
Thanks Mr Raffles,knew you'd clear things up for AJ and us all :) Whilst the TOTP Osmonds special still exists in the BBC archieves I believe the show with Robertson and Flowers may have been wiped? :(

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9380

• Mr Raffles
Unfortunately it was just another victim of the BBC 'wiping' policy at the time due to recording costs. I don't recall seeing the performance at all.I'm sure I would have remembered BA Robertson in the line up. Anyone else have memories of this and other early Cockney Rebel TV appearances??

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9384

• ajsmith
Thanks for the information - I'll add it to the page when I get the chance.