Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 11 hours ago #7888

• ajsmith
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychomodo

New article on Psychomodo single. The only thing on the article that needs to be confirmed is the planned UK release. Apparently the UK release date of '17 May 1974' was recorded in the booklet 'The New Singles' No. 525.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 9 hours ago #7889

• Cocnerebel
The UK pressing does exist though!!

The record was manufactured with a view to release in the UK (EMI 2161). I own a copy which I bought from John Bagnall (formerly the chief press officer, later the label manager, with EMI records) approximately ten years ago. This is a stock copy, as opposed to a demo copy, so it does not show the planned release date.

Mike J.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 11 months ago #7981

• ajsmith
Thanks for that Mike - corrected.

New article: Anytime (A Live Set)

If anyone could reveal the place/date of the live performance recorded for the album that would be great.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 11 months ago #7982

• jollyroger
AJ,
My mole in Harleyworld has told me that many shows were recorded, but the tracks on the album, mixed by Steve's old friend, the engineer Matt Butler, were culled from performances at Huntingdon Hall, Worcester, and The Jazz Café, London, during the summer of 2003. I believe the CD was released in 2004. Hope that helps.
Reg Cornwall

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 11 months ago #7984

• ajsmith
Thanks Reg for that.

The only confusing thing is the year of release. The back of the CD seems to have 2004 as the copyright date but almost every where online (Amazon, Wiki, EIL, Allmusic etc) has the year down as 2005.

Classic Rock reviewed it in June 2005 and that same month was the Record Collector Interview with Nick Dalton where Steve speaks of the release.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 11 months ago #7985

• GedKen
Hi aj, I don't know if it helps at all but I would tend towards 2004. The first buyer review on Amazon is dated the 5th Jan 2005 - v. quick off the mark if it did come out in 2005. It's listed as 2004 here on the website's discography and the autumn tour of 2004 was titled 'Anytime! in the Autumn' - which I guess could have been prompting the album release? An informed guesstimate. I wonder if anyone (who caught any gigs on that particular tour) can remember the album being available at that time?

All the best.