Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7686

• RachelPAtoSH
AJ - I spoke to Steve this evening, and he believes that Snowy White never actually recorded in the studio with him, not on any tracks at all. He was second guitarist on the Face To Face Live album, with Jim Cregan on lead.
He doesn't remember Jo Partridge ever playing in a UK studio either, but was in Los Angeles to play some guitar on the Hobo With A Grin album.
Would you like to send each new article to us, privately, for Steve to peruse (when he gets the time etc.) and correct for you? We could then forward to Stewart (and yourself) for extra consideration! Steve does not pretend to be a mine of information, as so much happened back in the day, even his own memories are sullied somewhat through time!! But, he was the producer of all those tracks and might be able to clarify where rumour and hearsay have developed over the years.
RACHEL
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7687

• stewart g
Rachel,Jo Partridge I'm sure was second guitarist on the Face To Face album? ;) not Snowy who played live with Rebel in 1975? ;)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7688

• ajsmith
Hi Rachel,

Many thanks for the reply, I'll leave the articles as they all are for a moment and will happily send any future ones privately beforehand.

I believe that the majority of information on the current articles are correct, although I'm sure a few tweaks may be necessary. The articles are essentially grouping any relevant information from the internet I can find - mostly from what Wikipedia considers a "reliable source".

AJ

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7689

• stewart g
Aj,your right Snowy played guitar on the 1975 Best Years Tour dates and Lyndsey was on percussion playing everything that moved! :)
Rachel's posting got me thinking again re 1st and 2nd guitarists!...Think it's this version...

1975 Best Years Tour....
1st Jim Cregan 2nd Snowy White

1976 Timeless Flight Tour
1st Jim Cregan 2nd Jo Partridge

1976 Loves A Primadonna Tour ( Face To Face album)
1st Jo Partridge.
Cregan was not on this tour/album as he had left Rebel to join Rod

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7694

• GedKen
According to Snowy White's website Jim Cregan invited Snowy to play rhythm guitar on the BYoOL tour, and, with Make Me Smile climbing to No. 1 "Snowy found himself playing in front of a lot of screaming youngsters".

Those little screamers, where are they now? Stewart? Stella? :unsure:

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7703

• stewart g
GedKen,No I've never screamed at a gig,although I do confess to singing very out of tune at gigs over the years!! Just ask Jo she was sat in front of me at Birmingham!! ;)