Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7609

• ajsmith
Hello Steve Harley,

Thank you very much for taking some time to provide some interesting information for the articles. I have added a mention to Lindsay Elliott on White, White Dove and have added the information relating to I Can't Even Touch You. I've also corrected the College name to Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham Grammar School. Your main biography page is somewhat of a mess, although it seems like it has been that way for years. Once the pages on the singles are completed perhaps I can try and pan it out a bit.

Ashley Smith
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7610

• GedKen
Looking around google (I do love the Internet) 4 out of 5 doctors were based in Washington DC - the track did make it onto vinyl - and here it is to stir the memory of anyone who saw Steve cover it live in 1980.

Coincidentally, Steve and the band were one of the very first bands booked to play/open Rock City in Nottingham in 1980. Rock City was born on the 11th of December with the Undertones; and Steve christened the venue just a week later on the 18th. Happy times.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7659

• ajsmith

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7664

• ajsmith

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7666

• stewart g
Great stuff AJ.It must take an age for you to do the research,thanks for giving us all the info. :)
Hope you dont mind me adding the odd little snippit to your fantastic research?...As ever I'm never 100% certain and always happy to be corrected by fellow Rebel's :)
Anyway in the meantime,I dont think Joe Partridge played on Mr Raffles or indeed the Best Years album ( think he was in The Kiki Dee Band at the time) and also for your info..The B side to Raffles,Sebastian,which as you say was recorded at Hammersmith Odeon also featured Lyndsey Elliott Stuart's brother and also Snowy White,who went on to work with Thin lizzy and Roger Walters ( amongst many others).Snowy also had a major hit of couse with Bird Of Paradise which was a superb single.
:)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7685

• ajsmith
stewart g wrote:
Great stuff AJ.It must take an age for you to do the research,thanks for giving us all the info. :)
Hope you dont mind me adding the odd little snippit to your fantastic research?...As ever I'm never 100% certain and always happy to be corrected by fellow Rebel's :)
Anyway in the meantime,I dont think Joe Partridge played on Mr Raffles or indeed the Best Years album ( think he was in The Kiki Dee Band at the time) and also for your info..The B side to Raffles,Sebastian,which as you say was recorded at Hammersmith Odeon also featured Lyndsey Elliott Stuart's brother and also Snowy White,who went on to work with Thin lizzy and Roger Walters ( amongst many others).Snowy also had a major hit of couse with Bird Of Paradise which was a superb single.
:)

Many thanks Stewart for the information - I'll add it to the article. Always great to get your input with those great little known facts! I presume that Snowy White played guitar? Does Lyndsey Elliott play Congas like on White White Dove?