Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7600

• stewart g
Lets hope so GedKen ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7603

• GedKen
Tglyn wrote:
....I have just found issues 10 and 11 headed`"My Only Vice" Steve Harley...seems to be full of great info, reviews and photos, I think maybe issues during 1992. Does anyone else have them....
Tony

Hi Tglyn,

I dug out 'my only vice' back copies to have a flick through. They were quarterly and produced by Jon (and Alison) Downes. I think they ran from issue 1 in the Summer of '89 until issue 13 in the Autumn of '93. Lots of interesting nuggets in there. (Could be a little bit too much Jon and too little Steve in some issues, but never mind).

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7604

• ajsmith
stewart g wrote:
Aj,Nice article re White White Dove.
Perhaps you could supply the link to the live version of white white dove on youtube?
It was though definatly was not performed live at The Symphony Hall in Birmingham towards the end of 2012.The track From Timeless Flight that was performed at that gig was Black Or White ( which was simply magnificent!!)
Hope this helps.... :)

Doh! That information on the Symphony Hall, along with the A4 promo poster shouldn't have been in the article. When making a new article, I usually copy and paste a previous article to form the basis of what has to be done, in this case I copied Black or White and then go over each section and re-write it for the song in question, so I accidentally left that bit in. :blush:

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7605

• Tglyn
Hi Gedken
Thanks so much for getting back.
The issues are adding to my knowledge along with the great work that is being put together in Wikipedi all amaking very interesting reading about Steven and his career.
Thanks all
Tony

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7606

• RachelPAtoSH
Greetings All.
"Not From Her World" - a song I covered "Live" only, was written and originally performed by Four Out Of Five Doctors.
The band were (maybe are?) American, possibly from Upstate New York. I was asked to consider "Producing" an album for them. Loved one or two of their demos/songs, although the job never came to fruition. I used to introduce their song on-stage with the words: "Here's a good song, which proves four our of five doctors can't be wrong".

Also, fyi: Alan Darby was my guitarist at the time of recording "I Can't Even Touch You" and did lay down the original eight-to-the-bar chugging rhythm part. Midge, ever the stickler, thought it slightly off-beat at times, and re-did the part himself. As I say, just fyi! The deal, as it were, between Chrysalis and me, came about when I was chatting to Chris Wright, their founder and Chairman, at Sandown Park racecourse. Sent him a demo and he suggested my old friend Midge Ure produce it.

"White, White Dove" - Lindsay Elliott (younger brother of Stuart) plays the congas.

I'd be grateful if AJSmith could correct Wiki's biog in that I did not attend "Haberdashers Askes College" - that's its more recent re-naming - but "Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham Grammar School". Rachel has made attempts, but got nowhere.

Have a good Sunday. Stay warm and dry - it's damp and miserable in south Suffolk, but the yellowhammers (10 at one count) on the lawn are a cheering sight. Spring must be out there somewhere.
Steve H

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7607

• RachelPAtoSH
......PS: "I Can't Even Touch You"....Alan Darby is the guitarist on all the lead parts on the track. Midge didn't scrub those!!
SH