Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Timeless Flight Morning!

A Timeless Flight Morning! 12 years 1 month ago #4605

• stewart g
You know what it's like! A great spring morning,it's good to be alive and you fancy some music.
Just felt right this morning for a spot of "Timeless Flight".Dug out the vinyl and hey presto! it's 1976 all over again!
But then again perhaps the music and words are even more relevant today?
People talk about music and has it lasted the test of time.When to my old cynical ears, here is one great piece of work that certainly has! :)
The music at times just washes over you,like your transposed to another place,and Harley's lyrics question,ponder,consider and are very spiritual.
It really is a timeless piece of work..perfect for a spring day,when a new start, a new beginning and a sense of new hope is in the air! :)
I love the end of Jonathan Barnett's review of the album from the New Musical Express in Feb 1976 " Timeless Flight is an important work by a critically underated talent.Few people it is indeed who are able to write startingly honest and commercial meterial"...Perfect! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:A Timeless Flight Morning! 12 years 1 month ago #4606

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Mmmmm...I LOVE that album. It has some of my favorite lyrics in it. Since I just discovered it several years ago, I'd definitely agree with you that it's stood the test of time. Every time one of the songs pops up on my playlist in shuffle mode, it's like a gust of fresh air. :) I should put it on while I clean today.

Stewart, you always write such great posts.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:A Timeless Flight Morning! 12 years 1 month ago #4607

• stewart g
Ana,
Thank You for the kind words.
Everyday I search for Hope,Belief,Inspiration and Spritual Guidance in the quest to make me a better person and to give me the wisdom that I need so much to help others.
I try and find these things from whatever source I come accross and consistently the most beneficial source to me is music.I find music a great healer and a major positive in my relentless pursuit of better days- all types of music,but for sure the music that has the greatest impact is that of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.
Thank God I found it all those years ago!
A journey on a Timeless Flight you could say.....

Re:A Timeless Flight Morning! 12 years 1 month ago #4613

• newiejudy
Oooh - what lovely comments from you all. I am the same - whenever I feel low I just put on some of Steve's music & his words seem to "touch" me & always make me feel better (& for me it doesn't matter what album it is ... they are all brilliant in their own way). And, it certainly does make housework much easier eh Ana??!!
Judy
xx

Re:A Timeless Flight Morning! 12 years 1 month ago #4614

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
newiejudy wrote:
Oooh - what lovely comments from you all. I am the same - whenever I feel low I just put on some of Steve's music & his words seem to "touch" me & always make me feel better (& for me it doesn't matter what album it is ... they are all brilliant in their own way). And, it certainly does make housework much easier eh Ana??!!
Judy
xx

Okay, after putting my plan into practice I have found most of Timeless Flight a bit too distracting. I kept sitting down to have a drink and really listen to the tunes. A few songs that have really lit a fire under my ass while cleaning? Psychomodo, half the tracks on Stranger Comes to Town, Woodchopper, the version of Mr. Soft from Face to Face and the Sebastian from Face to Face, and Mad Moonlight. They definitively make me feel better about a depressing, grueling task!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel